1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happy Bisexual Visibility Month!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BiGemini87, Sep 18, 2021.

1. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, all! I just thought it would be nice to have a fun, safe space to talk about Bisexual Visibility Day/Week/Month, and what it means to each of us. :heart::purple_heart::blue_heart:

Just for clarification: Everyone is welcome, regardless of whether you're bisexual or not. If you have a friend, lover or family member that fits in on the bi spectrum, feel free to share your experiences/fondest memories involving them, or whatever comes to mind--as long as it's not biphobic, it's all good!

Bi Visibility Month to me means reflecting on how acknowledging and embracing my bisexuality has impacted me on the whole. It means understanding myself a little better each day, understanding my fellow bisexuals, and sharing in a sense of camaraderie--not just with other bi people, but with others within the LGBTQ+ on a whole. Celebrating all the little ways that we're different, and all the ways we are the same. :slight_smile:

What does it mean to you?

2. Lemony

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    To feel proud and raise awareness for the bi community. It was/is really hard being bi. The constant what if, knowing how bad Biphobia can be.
    It’s being proud of who I am and who I can love.

3. FireFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Happy Bi-Month <3

Being closeted still I find it hard to answer what it means to me. Overall the hollow feelings I have because very few people know but the intense anxiety that I feel when thinking of telling more people. Becomes mentally crippling :frowning2:

#3 FireFox, Sep 19, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
  4. BiGemini87

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well said. <3

I'm sorry you've been dealing with those feelings; it's not easy, being torn in two different directions. I hope, if/when you're ready to, you'll come out and be accepted by whomever you come out to. If you ever need/want to talk, I'm happy to listen. <3

5. FireFox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    T
    Thank you, it means a lot to me. One day reasonably soon but small steps, there are a few things that need to be taken care of first to help get the mind level.