1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Happened again

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Gaypjo, Jan 18, 2022.

1. Gaypjo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I broke up with my last boyfriend because my gut told me something didn’t feel right and the connection I wanted/needed just wasn’t there. Today I just told someone I was talking to for about a month and that I’d gone on two dates with p much the same thing. I just didn’t feel a connection id want in a relationship. Is there something I’m missing?? Is it normal to be attracted to someone and even have a somewhat happy relationship but just not be satisfied with it and not want to keep going. Sometimes I’m just starting to think there’s something wrong with me and the intangible feeling or connection that I want, yet can’t describe is just because it doesn’t exist. I’m
    Turning 21 this year and I know it’s dramatic but I’m just starting to lose hope that I’ll find that intangible thing I want in a person. I’m wondering if I should have just stuck in the relationship I was happy in but just felt it was lacking the feeling/connection I want.

DinoTail likes this.
  2. BiGemini87

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, @Gaypjo. I'm sorry you've been struggling with this. Have you been dealing with depression or anything of the like lately? That could be contributing to your lack of interest or feelings of connection with others. Or it could be that the spark is missing simply because there's a lack of common interest between you and them. It's oftentimes hard to feel a strong connection with someone online, or at least to sustain it without frequent interaction and the possibility of real life interaction.

You could also be putting too much pressure on yourself to be in a relationship at this stage. Some people take longer than others to find the person they mesh with, and that's okay. Not everyone is meant to settle down before 25, nor should they be expected to.

This might be a good time to focus more on what you want, and less on what you think you should be doing. Give yourself time to dig deep regarding your feelings, your goals and dreams. Maybe, once you've spent some time on yourself, you'll have a better understanding of what you need and want in a partner.

I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

DinoTail likes this.