1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halfway there!

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by Orange Bananas, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Orange Bananas

So I came out as trans to my mom. Yay! But now I have to come out to my dad. I have three ideas: I could tell him like I did my mom, I could ask my mom to tell him, or I could text him. I want this to be as un-awkward as possible. Help?

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would recommending telling him or texting him, my mom outed me (as bisexual) to my father and i miss the chance of talking to him about that personally on the "revelation moment". But, if you are really afraid (doesn't sounds like you are), then ask your mom, but i wouldn't do that.

P.S.: Gratz on the first step :wink:

3. Yeety

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn't recommend telling your dad by texting even though that's the way my girlfriend came out to me. So as the guy above me said you may not want your mom telling him, just in case you could have had a chance to talk to him about it. So really I'd tell him myself just so that awkward moment of texting him doesn't come, or it doesn't get amazingly awkward to the point you don't want to talk to him for a while. To sum it up in just a few words "I'd tell him myself." Hope this helps!