1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Half-blood prince

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by Emberstone, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Emberstone

Anyone looking forward to Half-Blood Prince coming out to threatres?

I just saw the first five minutes of the film on youtube *it was in german though*, and I am really looking forward to it. The trailers have been far better then the New Moon trailer, which only has one reason to watch, which is jacob shirtless for a few seconds before he fursplodes into a childs plush toy.

Half-Blood Prince and Deathly Hallows are my two favorate books of the series. they were far from the most eloquint of the books, and suffered sometimes by their pacing *all that camping in DH got annoying after a while*, but I also loved how revealing they were, and how they tied everything up nicely, while still being filled with unexpected twists and turns that after you finish, you wonder how you didnt see it coming before.

I am finally getting really excited, and am going to try to go on opening night, even though its after one of my long days *four solid hours on campus for two classes*

2. Mysterons

Mysterons Guest

I'm afraid they're going to place way too much emphasis on the love stories (which I always found much less interesting than the main plot). Anyway, it's always fun too see how differently (or not) from what you'd pictured in your head characters and events are shown.

3. mattyrusso

Yes Im stoked for this movie. The trailers look awesome and Im interested to see how they're gonna work everything out

4. Black Cat

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am super excited! I am a pretty big Harry Potter fan, but I have heard some bad things about the editing on Half-Blood Prince. I heard they were cutting out some of the pivitol ending scenes. I am still excited, I think the cave scene should be awesome.

5. GhostDog

I wonder if that means there's gonna be a Director's Cut out on DVD at some point.

But yesh, I'm stoked for this movie. =D I'm a total dork for Harry Potter.

6. pirateninja

Official Harry Potter dork :grin:

I have a ticket for the opening day here :grin: I'm super excited.

7. Jerr

That just made my day.

8. Emberstone

I am not a fan of the twilight books *I may not be the worlds more proficent writer, but I wouldnt even use stephenie meyer's sex fantasy drivel to wipe my butt, cause my butt is worth more*, but honestly, the only reason to go see the movies are for eye candy, and even so, they have yet to show me any reason to go see the first or second one *i can see edward in goblet of fire, and I think cedric diggory had a heck of alot more going for him then edward cullen ever did.*

9. ColdSnap

v v excited for the sectumsempra scene, really want to know how far they go with that :grin:

10. FinalFantasyFan

I'm really excited to see it too! I should probably re-read book 6 though >_> I've only read it once.

In the meantime though, has anyone else seen Harry Potter the Musical on Youtube? It was written, directed, and performed by University of Michigan students, and is maybe the funniest thing to happen to Harry Potter ever! It is definitely not cannon in any way, and some of it can even be a bit crass, but that's the price you pay to see Lord Voldemort leading a tap dancing number in the graveyard scene.:roflmao: This show also explores what really went on between Voldemort and Quirrell. :wink:

Here's the link to part one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JnQuMyzPfE

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JnQuMyzPfE[/YOUTUBE]

11. GhostDog

12. FinalFantasyFan

Which reminds me of my senior trip. Several of my friends and I recreated the Mysterious Ticking thing at our dinner table on our cruise. We got a lot of strange looks. >.>

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx1XIm6q4r4[/YOUTUBE]

13. kramer362

I'm looking forward to this despite some of the bad things I heard last fall about scenes being removed based solely on the trailer. Some of the scenes are spot on how I imagined them after reading the book. Dumbledore visiting young Tom Riddle, and Katie Bell floating above the ground, to name a few.

14. paco

paco Guest

i wanna see it, but i think it'll be disappointing. i mean, it's rated PG. that book was definitely more serious than PG--it bordered on frightening at some points. when will they realize that Harry Potter isn't a comedy?

15. Lychee

I am incredibly excited!!! Harry Potter love :grin:

16. George1

George1 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can't wait for it either! :grin: My family are going to see it in Gold Class. XD

17. Kryz

I've seen ALL harry potter movies witin the first week of the premier, so yes.

18. I can't wait for this to come out!

We have waited SOOOO LONG.

I think this one will be the best one yet!

19. Emberstone

When stephenie meyer realizes that twilight is not a romance.

20. silas99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    yeaaaaaah...harry potter harry potter harry potter!!!!