1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Had sex yesterday.. feeling sick today?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by freespirit25, Jul 24, 2016.

1. freespirit25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hey everyone,

I have been reading this website for years and finally decided to join. I have a concern though and am wondering if I get your opinions on whether or not I should worry. So I met this guy, I went out with him a few times and I liked him and he was really into me, so we decided to rent a room and have sex. It was hot. I am a bottom and had not had sex in a very long time. I had gotten tested so I knew I was good. He said he had not had sex in a while either and he got tested in March.

We made out, I sucked him a bit but he mostly ate my ass (which I cleaned out well) and played with it then he fucked me. We had BARE sex and I'm sure he precame inside of me but he jerked off at the end to finish.

Today, I woke up feeling fine. A few hours into that day though I felt a tingling in my throat but thought nothing of it. I took a nap and woke up and I did indeed have a sore throat and cold as well. I gargled for my sore throat but my nose is runny/stuffy and I am sneezing.

Realistically if I did catch an STD, would I see symptoms less than 24 hours later? Would it be best to wait a bit and not see him and get tested for STDs? and then in 3 months do the HIV test? I know HIV symptoms would not show for 1-2 weeks.

I think I could have gotten sick just from the hotel as it may not have been the cleanest but who knows.

Thoughts? Should I worry?

Thanks! :slight_smile:

2. OnTheHighway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be getting a sore throat from the blow job you gave and it is simply irritated. He also might not have been cleaned well and bacteria could have gotten on your throat.

March is five months prior already and while it's good he claims to have been tested. It only takes one encounter to pick up HIV. And since March, there has been enough time for it to develop as well.

You say he ejaculated outside of you, although some precum was probably inside of you, and while that may lessen the risk ever so slightly, you never know how much cum actually is inside of you.

You may want to consider going to a health clinic and getting checked out. Explaining what happened and see what they suggest. Do it in next 24 hours before you hit the 72 hour time limit for PEP to be effective.

Also, consider using condoms from now on.

#2 OnTheHighway, Jul 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2016
  3. Herbert

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This. Assuming that you haven't acquired some horrible disease right now, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

4. smurf

Realistically, your chances of getting HIV from one single encounter are low, but the chances are there.

This. It might be embarrassing, but suck it up and get through it. They will give you a special test that looks for the actual virus. PEP is what will help you not get HIV, but like the poster said, it has to be taken within a period of time. So make this a priority.

Write down the emotions of fear and anxiety that you are feeling. Take it in and use a condom next time.