1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guys: Facial Hair Removal

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mitchell, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Mitchell

So, guys that are old enough to grow facial hair...

How often do you shave?

I just now shaved, but I left a 5o'clock shadow... I don't like the way the razor feels right against my skin, so I let it grow out a bit then use an electric razor... it seems to make a mess, but it works.

How often do you guys have to shave? Do you shave?

2. vyvance

Depends on my mood. When I'm not doing a full-beard, I have to shave daily with a razor.

3. mattloveshugs92

with in 2-7 days i have a lot of facial hair by a week im bearded but i some times like it until it feels annoying then i shave.

4. Brenny

I shave about every three days with an electric razor. It gets close but not super so I'm never really completely clean faced but close. I like it neat but usually I try to keep that very short stubble look that is so popular these days.

5. Minamimoto_Fan

I'm super lazy and just use a trimmer lol

I only shave if I have to be in a performance (Chamber choir), have to be in a photo secession (Senior Photos and friends in photography), or if I'm going on a date.

I usually keep it so I have a bit of stubble, but it's also not getting too long

6. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I should shave everyday. I grow more facial hair than I'd like.

What I actually do is shave every three days.

7. Mitchell

Yeah. I grow mine faster than I wish I did...

I just hate the feeling of that razor, which is why I've been using the electric razor, and leaving some behind...

8. Mogget

I shave every time I shower, which is roughly every day or every other day. I use a traditional razor with a blade, I like a very close, stubble-free shave. I do not like the way I look with facial hair at all.

9. justinf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Every day with a straight razor. Except when I'm lazy or late, then I use an electric razor, but they don't work no where near as good as "normal'' ones, which is why I don't really like them.

10. jvn95

Hmm, I see alot of complaints about electric razors.

I love my electric razor, and I love making new styles with my facial hair.

I shave my facial hair every single day, sometimes twice because if I'm doing out that night and I want to have a cleaner shave. Now I see how some don't like the electric razor, but I like it, it's convenient for me.

11. Emberstone

depends on the situation. if I am in a play, and I need it shaved, or styled, I do it for that. if I am going somewhere formal, I shave. otherwise, I shave when it is long enough to annoy me. my electric trimmer/razor is already dieing. I would have to see how fast it dies if I shaved everyday.

12. FJ Cruiser

I literally haven't been completely clean shaven since I graduated high school. My facial hair is both thick and coarse, and my skin is kinda sensitive, so shaving with a razor causes me to break out and hurts like hell. Electric razors are okay, but I still don't like using them. My usual course of action is to grow it out for a week or two and then trim it down with a buzz clipper to about a day's worth of growth. The past month, I somewhat kept a shaped beard that was about a week's worth of growth long.

I buzzed my face today, and it's a nice change of pace. It's funny; I've never seen my dad without a beard before, so I remember as a kid thinking I'd always be clean shaven. But I inherited the ability to pull off facial hair, so I'm following in step, and apparently I'm known as the guy with the ginger ###### to some people. I <3 beards in general.

13. revi

revi Guest

For a fourteen year old i grow a wicked mustache. I usually let it not grow much because i think its gross on me. But girls think its cute ( go figure) makes me wana scream im gay. Also i use razors without water or anything because my skin doesn't get irritated at all...

14. Mitchell

I see there is a huge debate between razors and electric razors...

Personally I find the close razors uncomfortable.

15. Lance

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That is literally 100% what I would have said. The past couple weeks though I've been shaving the hair on my neck area and leaving a shaped scruffy beard on my face. I love facial hair on other guys and I feel naked without it on myself, lol. And if I shave I use a regular razor, I don't like electric ones.

16. needshelp

not a fan of shaving at all even though i'll admit that when my mustache or beard grows, it kind of makes me look dirty.

another thing about shaving that annoys me. i can't use the plain razors and shaving cream to shave. it's very effective BUT i'm allergic to it where my face will break out in bumps. i have to use the electric razors. they don't really get the job done.

17. Linthras

Linthras Guest

I hate shaving to and since most electric razors can't seem to get everything properly I'm still condemned to razor blade.
    I only shave to keep things from looking 'wild' or if I'm going to an important even like a party or birthday or something.

18. Cassandra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Talking about need, I need to shave every day (my freaking beard grows too fast). And I'm not talking about the classic "next day beard", I'm talking about a dense beard that seems from 2 or 3 days.

Having said that, I have to say that I do not shave every day. I hate to do that, because it leaves my skin too irritated. To avoid that, I shave every third day (one I shave, next I don't, next I do, etc.)

19. Redell

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I shave at least every 2 days. I really really cannot imagine myself with a beard/moustache. It looks good on other people, but hell no. Clean shaven all the way.

20. Lewis

I used to shave everyday and never ever imagine myself with facial hair, but I've kinda liberated the idea and I now have a stubble. I trim every 2 days.