1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a date, need advice

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Mariana, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Something incredible has happened - I've actually dared to ask a girl out and she said yes and now we're going to have coffee next week. I'm really excited!

I don't have much dating experience, so please throw any tips/advice you have in my direction!

I've never actually talked to her so I don't know anything about her other than that she's a lesbian and studies in the same department as me at uni.

I don't want to ruin this by being my usual awkward self. What do I do to make this a nice experience rather than something I'll stress about for the next week-and-a-half?

2. Yelozbhsbjaj729

I don't has have tips, sorry, (As I'm quite young). I'm sure other people on EC can help you!

All I can say is Congratulations on getting this girl! Have a great time!

~Jay

3. SchizoBurrito13

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't know your personality well, but look for things/topics she might be interested in
    Make her laugh, tell her stories etc.

Make sure you don't focus too much on yourself also
    (Please update me on how it went after the date)

4. Mariana

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Right, thanks for the replies, here's the update.

I was having quite a bad day on the day of the date and I was half-convinced that she would either cancel last minute or just not show up (I was finding it very hard to believe she would actually want to go out with me). But when I showed up at the café she was already there, and we had a nice time, just talking and drinking coffee.

She seems really nice, and the conversation was alright. There were a few slightly awkward pauses in which I tried to come up with something to say. I'm not good at talking to new people, but I made an effort to ask her lots of questions about herself. Still, she ended up asking me more questions, seems like she's better at that stuff than I am.

Now I'm wondering if I'll see her again. As I said before, I don't have a lot of dating experience so I don't know what's normal, you know? For example, I don't have feelings for her (yet) but that's fine, right? I mean, we've only had this one conversation. I would really like to see her again, but I feel like it's kind of her turn to ask me out, you know? I asked her for the first date, so I feel like if she's interested in going on a second one, maybe she should be the one to ask this time? What do you think?