1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Got a binder!

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by astriferous, Jan 13, 2018.

1. astriferous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For context since I think I haven't been on here in a while, I'm a genderqueer teenager and I posted a while back in a positivity thread about getting a binder in August, and then later on I posted in a vent thread about not being able to get a binder until December due to some issues.

Well, today I finally got a binder from gc2b! I pooled some money with the friend I mentioned in a previous post and had it shipped to their house. I'm so happy! I've been thinking about binding for a couple years now.

It doesnt really give me a flat chest (didnt expect to since my chest is just large and physically hard to flatten) and I need to check to see if it even works better than my sports bra lol, but I'm pretty sure it does, and overall I'm pretty happy with it (my button down shirts button down flat instead of leaving a little gap at my chest!). I'm not sure when I'll have the courage to wear it out, cause that means this is really a thing that I'm doing, that I'm changing my presentation for real, and that's pretty scary for me. But I'm happy to have it nonetheless :slight_smile:

BradThePug and poetrycat like this.
  2. shadowalex

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    congratulations :slight_smile: I love gc2b's binders.

3. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yay that's awesome, congrats!! Buying my binder was the best decision i ever made. Even if it doubles the dysphoria felt when i can't wear it at home. I love getting to wear it at work. Honestly, I've been wearing my binder at work for at least a few weeks now and nobody's commented on it or looked at me weird. But i'm also like a B cup (I think? I wear sports bras) so that probably affects it some. So i wouldn't worry too much about wearing it out.

4. astriferous

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks for the advice, that does make me feel a bit better about wearing it :slight_smile: I can't wear it to school at all since I have gym one day and concert band another (in which I play the trumpet so binding might make that harder) but I'll probably wear it when I go to friend's houses and stuff.