1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Translator

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Wander, Oct 12, 2008.

1. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay, this looks fun. I'll try using all languages I know, so I can understand what goes wrong.

Here's my sentence: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.

English to French: Le renard brun rapide saute sur le chien paresseux. (Terrible word order AND already a mistake with the preposition)

French to Spanish: El rápido zorro marrón salta sobre el perro perezoso. (Okay)

Spanish to German: Der schnelle braune Fuchs springt über den faulen Hund. (What? German fucking fixed it xD)

Tried to translate to Italian, but it put it back in English. The hell, mate?

German to Russian: Быстрая коричневая лиса прыгает через ленивую собаку. (Tr: Bystraya korichnevaya lisa prygayet cherez lenivuyu sobaku.)

Russian to Czech: Rychle hnědé liščí skoky přes lenivého psa.

Czech to Portuguese: A ligeira raposa marrom ataca o cão preguiçoso. (Ataca? Pretty sure that's not right.)

Portuguese to English: A slight brown fox attacks the lazy dog.

So, jumping over changed into ''attacking''? Lol, I've seen worse. As a translation student, I can't stress enough how you can't trust Google Translator xD