1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Google Translator

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Wander, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    English: Three weeks until Election Day, Obama now holds a more than 100-vote lead in NBC's latest electoral map.
    English to French: Trois semaines avant le jour des élections, Obama détient maintenant plus de 100 voix NBC plomb dans la dernière carte électorale.
    French to Finnish: Kolme viikkoa ennen vaalipäivää, Obama nyt yli 100 ääntä NBC johtaa viime vaalien kartalla.
    Finnish to German: Drei Wochen vor dem Wahltag, Obama jetzt mehr als 100 Stimmen NBC's führen in den letzten Wahlen auf der Karte.
    German to Indonesian: Tiga minggu sebelum pemilihan, Obama sekarang lebih dari 100 suara NBC's memimpin di Pilkada terakhir pada peta.
    Indonesian to English: Three weeks before the election, Obama is now more than 100 voice NBC's lead in the last elections on the map.

Well, there's a little more difference with that one.

2. Nova713

Nova713 Guest

English: If you want to create order, you must first create chaos.
    English to French: Si vous souhaitez afin de créer, vous devez d'abord créer le chaos.
    French to German: Wenn Sie möchten, zu erstellen, müssen Sie zunächst das Chaos zu schaffen.
    German to Japanese: を作成したい場合は、まず、混乱を作成する必要があります。
    Japanese to Arabic: إذا كنت تريد خلق ، أولا يجب عليك أن يثير الارتباك.
    Arabic to English: If you want to create, you must first create confusion.

That was fun :slight_smile:

3. Julien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    English: I am a bisexual girl from Colorado who is in the process of coming out of the closet.
    English to French: Je suis une fille bisexuelle de Colorado qui est en train de sortir du placard.
    French to German: Ich bin ein Mädchen bisexuelle Colorado, die derzeit aus dem Schrank.
    German to Greek: Είμαι μια κοπέλα αμφιφυλόφιλων Κολοράντο, το οποίο βρίσκεται έξω από την ντουλάπα.
    Greek to Spanish: Soy una chica bisexual Colorado, que queda fuera del gabinete.
    Spanish to English: I am a girl bisexual Colorado, which is outside the cabinet.

4. Apocalypte

English: My dream's but a drop of fuel for a nightmare
    English -> Dutch: Mijn droom is maar een druppel brandstof voor een nachtmerrie
    Dutch -> Finnish: Unelmani on vain pisara polttoainetta painajainen
    Finnish -> Korean: 내 꿈은 연료를 그냥 드롭 악몽이다
    Korean -> Japanese: 私の夢は、燃料をドロップ不快感である
    Japanese -> Hindi: मैं असुविधा का सपना ईंधन की एक बूंद है
    Hindi -> English: I dream of inconvenience is a drop of fuel

*giggles*
    Not sure that was quite what Sonata Arctica had in mind :wink:

5. EmperorNero

English: I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less then half of you half as well as you deserve.
    English to Swedish: Jag vet inte hälften av er hälften så bra som jag skulle vilja, och jag gillar mindre än hälften av er hälften så bra som du förtjänar.
    Swedish to Polish: Nie wiem połowie masz połowę dobre, jak chciałbym, i lubię mniej niż połowę z was połowie tak dobra jak ty zasługiwać.
    Polish to Russian: Я не знаю, половина из вас половина хорошо, так как я хочу, и мне нравится меньше, чем половина из вас половине, как хорошо, как вы заслуживаете.
    Russian to Finnish: En tiedä, puoli teistä puoli hyvä kuin haluaisin, ja pidän vähemmän kuin puolet teistä puoli yhtä hyvä kuin te ansaitsette.
    Finnish to Vietnamese: Tôi không biết, một nửa của bạn như một nửa tốt như tôi xin thông, và tôi muốn ít hơn một nửa của bạn như một nửa tốt như bạn xứng đáng.
    Vietnamese to English: I do not know, half of you half as good as I would like, and I want less than half of you half as good as you deserve.

Didn't work out quite as badly as I thought, since it failed in very first translation.

6. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This is probably the funniest I've read so far.

7. KatzInHatz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    English : I wish I wasn't stuck in this house right now~! >.<

English to French : Je voudrais n'a pas été bloquée dans cette maison maintenant ~! >. <

French to Croatian : Ja ne bi bio u škripcu u ovom objektu sada! >. <

Croatian to Dutch : Ik zou het niet zijn vastgeroest in dit huis nu! >. <

Dutch to English : I would not be stuck in this house now! >. <

Lol in the end it doesn't really make sense :lol:

8. Eponine

English: We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope for our hearts to blend. Now I will step forward to realize this wish.
    English to Vietnamese: Chúng tôi xin cho của chúng tôi phiền muộn để kết thúc, và hy vọng cho trái tim của chúng tôi để trộn. Bây giờ tôi sẽ bước vào nhận thức này muốn.
    Vietnamese to Japanese: 私たちは苦情を終了したいと思いますが、それ以降と共存することが私たちの心を期待する。今私はこの願いの意識の中に入るだろう。
    Japanese to Spanish: Nos gustaría cerrar la queja, pero a vivir ya con los corazones de nuestras expectativas. Espero que ahora esto será en la conciencia.
    Spanish to English: We would like to close the complaint, but to live longer with the hearts of our expectations. I hope that now this will be on the conscience.

I don't think that has the same meaning at all. Hahaha.
    Btw, I used a quote from Kingdom Hearts 1+2.

9. Helen

Helen Guest

English:I will not buy this record, it is scratched. My hovercraft is full of eels. (hurray for monty python :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:)

to Russian:Я не буду покупать эту запись, она царапается. Моя воздушной подушке полно угрей.

to Swedish: Jag köper inte detta rekord, hon kliade. Min svävare full av ålar.

to Arabic: انا لا أقبل هذا المحضر ، وأعربت عن خدش. بلدي الكامل من الحوامات هو الأنقليس.

to Italian: Io non acquistare questo record, e ha graffiato. Il mio hovercraft è pieno di anguille.

to Latvian: Man nav iegādāties šo ierakstu, un tika Skrāpējumi. Manu HOVERCRAFT ir pilns ar zušiem

to English: I do not buy this record, and was scratched. My HOVERCRAFT is full of eels.

10. Helen

Helen Guest

I had so much fun doing that....I want to do it again XD

English: I am a mole, and I live in a hole.

to Latvian: Es esmu molu, un es dzīvot cauruma.

to Italian: Sono una talpa e vivo in un buco

to Arabic: أنا عميل وأنا أعيش في حفرة

to Swedish: Jag är en agent och jag bor i ett hål

to Russian: Я агент, и я живу в отверстие

to English: I have an agent, and I live in a hole.

....HAHAHAHA XD

11. partietraumatic

english: The future influences the present just as much as the past
    spanish: El futuro influye en el presente tanto como el pasado
    bulgarian: Бъдещето влияе върху настоящите колкото миналото
    Italian: Questo riguarda il futuro, come il passato
    indonesian: Ini menyangkut masa depan sebagai masa lalu
    filipino: Ang pag-aalala sa hinaharap bilang ang nakalipas
    english: The tension in the future as the past

well its not quite the same but i think the outcome sounds quite cool lol!!

12. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

English: Once upon a time, a lesbian was trapped in a closet whose door stubbornly stayed shut.

Spanish: Érase una vez, era una lesbiana atrapada en un armario cuya puerta se quedó obstinadamente cerrada.

Russian: Давным-давно, была лесбиянка, оказавшихся в шкафу, чьи двери упрямо оставалась закрытой.

Latvian: Gadiem, lesbiete Ieslodzījuma a skapis, kura durvis stubbornly joprojām bija slēgts.

Greek: Για χρόνια, η λεσβία παγιδευμένοι σε μια ντουλάπα, η οποία παραμένει πεισματικά οι πόρτες ήταν κλειστές.

Czech: Pro roky, lesbické uvězněna ve skříni, která zůstává dveře byly zavřené.

English: For years, lesbian trapped in the closet, which remains the doors were closed.

Ehh... sorta the same point, but through extremely faulty grammar. :rolleyes:

13. Adryen

Adryen Guest

English: My heart is yours for the taking.
    English -> French: Mon cœur est à vous pour la prendre.
    English -> Japanese:내 마음 먹기에 대한 당신입니다.
    French -> Latvian: Mana sirds ir tikai Jūsu darbības veikšanai
    Ukranian -> Dutch: Maandag Cœur est à vous pour la prendre.

the english to french sounds so romantic!!

14. Julien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    this sentence was first said by my brother about two of our friends

English: If there weren't two of them, I'd think they were the living incarnation of homosexuality.
    English to French: S'il n'y avait pas deux d'entre eux, je pense qu'ils ont été l'incarnation vivante de l'homosexualité.
    French to Spanish: Si no hay dos de ellos, creo que vivían encarnación de la homosexualidad.
    Spanish to German: Wenn keine zwei von ihnen, ich denke, wir lebten Inkarnation von Homosexualität.
    German to Greek: Αν δεν υπάρχουν δύο από αυτά, νομίζω ότι ζούσαν ενσάρκωση της ομοφυλοφιλίας.
    Greek to French: Si deux d'entre eux, je pense que nous vivions incarnation de l'homosexualité.
    French to English: If two of them, I think we live incarnation of homosexuality.

15. Julien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    English: We operate on Queer Standard Time.
    English to French: Nous opérons sur Queer Standard Time.
    French to Spanish: Operamos sobre la queer Standard Time.
    Spanish to German: Wir arbeiten nach dem Queer Standard Time.
    German to Greek: Θα λειτουργεί σύμφωνα με τα αλλόκοτα Standard Time.
    Greek to French: Il fonctionnera conformément à l'heure normale de farfelu.
    French to English: It will operate according to Standard Time outlandish.

16. Julien

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    English: "It won't be long now, no it won't be long, 'til I belong to you."
    English to French: "Il ne sera pas long maintenant, aucun ne sera pas long, 'til je vous appartient."
    French to Spanish: "No será largo ahora, ninguno no será largo, 'til I pertenece a usted."
    Spanish to German: "Es wird nicht mehr lange dauern, jetzt, keiner wird nicht mehr lange dauern, bis ich Ihnen gehören."
    German to Greek: "Δεν θα είναι μεγάλη τώρα, κανείς δεν θα είναι μακρύς έως ότου δεν ανήκω σε σας."
    Greek to French: "Il ne sera pas une grande maintenant, personne ne sera long jusqu'à ce qu'il ne vous appartient pas."
    French to English: "It will not be great now, nobody will be long until it does not belong to you."

17. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have to use Red Dwarf quotes for this.

English: Have you ever been hit over the head with a welding mallet?
    English to Latvian: Vai esat kādreiz bijuši Rezultāts virs galvas metināšanas āmuru?
    Latvian to Danish: Har du nogensinde været Hit overhead svejsning en hammer?
    Danish to Finnish: Oletko koskaan joutunut kärsimään yläpuolella hitsaus vasaralla?
    Finnish to German: Haben Sie schon einmal betroffen über das Schweißen ein Hammer?
    German to English: Have you ever been concerned about the welding a hammer?

18. Twilight

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    English: I love the Twilight series and Edward too.
    English to Spanish: Me encanta la serie de Twilight y Edward demasiado.
    Spanish to French: J'adore la série Twilight de trop et Edward.
    French to Swedish: Jag älskar Twiligit serien och Edward ochkså.
    Swedish to Italian: Lo amo la serie Twilight, e Edward troppo.
    Italian to English: I love the Twilight Series and Edward too.

19. pirateninja

I ache for the touch of your lips, dear, but much more for the touch of your whips, dear.

To French: J'ai mal pour le contact de vos lèvres, très chers, mais beaucoup plus pour toucher de vos fouets, très chers.
    To Finnish: Olen yhteyttä huulet, hyvä, mutta paljon enemmän saavutat ruoskat, kultaseni.
    To Hindi: मैं, होंठ, अच्छे से संपर्क कर चुके हैं लेकिन एक बहुत बड़ा पर अपने, प्रिय चाबुक तक पहुँचने.
    To Swedish; Jag, läppar, men har bra kontakt på en mycket stor, kära piska nå.
    To Korean: 난, 입술,하지만 아주 큰, 신사 숙녀 채찍 도달에 좋은 접촉을합니다.
    To Lithuanian: Aš, lūpų, tačiau labai didelis, ponios ir geras kontaktas, kad būtų pasiektas plakti.
    To English: I lips, but it is very high, ladies and good contact, in order to achieve a whip.

HOW THE HELL DID IT GET THAT?????

20. aaaaaa

aaaaaa Guest

English: If being gay is a disease, then let's all call in queer to work!

Arabic: وإذا كان يجري مثلي الجنس هو مرض ، ثم دعونا كل دعوة إلى العمل في محنة!
    Croatian: Ako se gay je bolest, neka nas sve poziva na akciju u nevolji!
    Indonesian: Jika Anda adalah gay adalah penyakit, marilah kita semua panggilan untuk tindakan dalam keadaan!
    Polish: Jeśli jesteś gej jest chorobą, poinformuj nas wszystkich wezwanie do działania w warunkach
    Romanian: Dacă eşti homosexual este o boală, să ne tot suna de acţiune în termeni de
    Lithuanian: Jei esate gėjų yra liga, leiskite mums visiems imtis tam tikrų veiksmų atžvilgiu
    Finnish: Jos olet homo, on tauti, meidän kaikkien on tiettyjen toimintojen osalta

English: If you're gay, is a disease we all have certain operations!

Not even close! :grin:

A good point is made through this game (especially through the Bible verse used at the beginning) about how the value of text is lost after being translated so many times.