1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

google drive woes part 2

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Leah061, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Leah061

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So apparently, I am pretty clueless when it comes to google drive. A while back, I clicked on a document available to the public on drive with a title along the lines of "how do I know if I'm a lesbian?" which put it in my drive. That would have been fine, except for what ever reason, my mother also uses my drive, which I didn't know about till earlier this year. I think I must have used her computer once to check my email, and never signed out, so her computer was still logged into my gmail account, so when she went to use google drive, she saw all of my documents, including the lesbian one. I made a whole post about it back in January, and I'm still not really over how google drive basically outed me, but my mom and I have still not discussed it. That's kind of a whole other story lol.

Basically, I want to know how I can be sure that my drive is totally private. I always think that I'm doing everything right, I have everything set to private in my settings, and I've deleted the questioning lesbian document, but I have this constant fear that some how, I haven't done enough to protect myself, and someone from work or school is going to see the lesbian document my mom saw. I've been especially nervous lately because I've had to use google drive a lot for work in the last few weeks, and I'm afraid that somehow someone will see it, or that perhaps they've already seen it. It's not so much that I'm trying to be closeted, or would care if anyone from work knew or found out, it's just that it would be embarrassing if they saw that document was something I clicked on. How do I stop being so anxious about this?

2. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Try the technology/ hardware/ software section also

3. Really

Hey there.
    A couple of things. I would make sure you’re signed out everywhere else. Here’s how. Plus, I’d go back on your mom’s computer and go to the gmail login page and remove your account as one of the available logins. Also, check the saved passwords. (I can help you if you tell me about the system. Mac or PC, which browser, etc)
    Your google drive is private by default so unless you share files or give you ID and password out, you’ll be fine.
    Any questions, let me know. :]