1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good God! English please!!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miles D, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Miles D

I have started noticing that the language skills used by some people on this site have been going seriously downhill!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE try to use words that are actually in the dictionary, use commas, periods, apostrophes, paragraphs, and all those goodies.

It's making me sick to read people saying "i got a problm an i rlly ned halp i hav a bf wel i gess u cud cal him mor liek jus a frend but see hes alwys ben rlly nice 2 me wen i thot evry1 wuz rlly mad at me nd i wuz sad"....

THAT IS NOT ENGLISH!!! THE GRAMMAR POLICE ARE GOING TO COME INTO YOUR HOUSE AND SUCK YOUR BRAINS OUT WITH STRAWS!!!!! (or something like that....) I am not judging you, because I know that you can speak with correct grammar, you just choose not to. Please, for everyone's sake.

:thumbsup:

2. Nt mi branz! I nede thoz!!!!11

:lol: Just kidding. You think that's bad? Try this. (I didn't write it, I found it on another forum.)

"dat dowlow nigga whu wnt fo mu dik in cya gots hiz nppy haid shub up hiz azz ok wen ah kut hizn throt u no whum sayn**$$"

"i beez smak daddy azzbum n bompton riggin fo sho n fukyall niggaz whut dissnt beez litnin shit cuz beeda bing rok da hows u nomsayn##$$"

"hoodafuk u tink u r maing u ain sheet nomsayn ahz weeda funna dobat doa yo aaz cuz an dat ain fum do gidda dee whgt muhfuh&&^$ "

"whudafuk u tahkin abt cracka mufuh i beez a afocan amarcan an u caint b fuggin wit no niggas ova wheta ma rap bee cracka shit cuz fo it dont fud yo muhfugin aas u nomsayn%*& "

"u no it be muhmuh whuza fushizzle no whumsayn^% "

All posts by the same user... and then there's "seriously dude you'll look like a fucking idiot" which proves he does in fact speak English, he just chooses not to.

3. Can anyone actually translate that ^^^ ???
    Seriously, I can't understand any of it...

4. Sorry, I can't read it either. Although I can see a bounty of n-words and almost all of them end in "you know what I'm saying?" I'll try one...

whudafuk u tahkin abt cracka mufuh i beez a afocan amarcan an u caint b fuggin wit no niggas ova wheta ma rap bee cracka shit cuz fo it dont fud yo muhfugin aas u nomsayn%*&

Who the f*ck you talking about, cracker motherf*cker, I am an African-American and you can't be f*ucking with any n*ggers over whether my rap is cracker shit because it doesn't (something) your motherf*cking ass, you know what I'm saying?

(Sorry for the offensive words, but they're not mine.)

5. Cracker Shit?

:roflmao:

6. The amount of energy that guy must use to make up his own language... :lol:

7. Tim

Tim

I actually subconsciously fix words when I'm reading them. XD Occasionally I will actually take the time to fix it in the quote. XD :3

Someone posted a like 600 long sentence without any spaces on one forum I go to, and scarily, I read it all on my first try without any issues <_<

8. sparkyboyM

it's kinda funny, because i'm under 15 years old everywhere on the internet it seems like i'm supposed 2 tlk liek dis, lol.

i think i must be the only one in my class at school to have used 'antidisistablishmentarism' in a sentence. okay, i probably spelled that wrong, but you get my point.

9. :eek: I would have probably run the opposite direction and not looked back! That's just plain scary!

10. :confused: What sentence did you use this in? It's spelled antidisestablishmentarianism by the way.

11. Tim

Tim

Haha, yea, Antidisestablishmentarianism it's sad I know how to spell that -.-

I got extra credit for spelling Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious in class <_<

Oh, and Floccinaucinihilipilification.

Had way too much free time during journalism class.

12. Nugget

hey u u cant b talkin 2 mii liek dat cuzz mi grammz gud kk i maek gud dsijnz 4 miislef && u shundn jujj mii ova it cuzz i go 2 skool unlkiek u kk && i get liek asz and stuf && mi mamma sed i smrat && u dont so u hav n0 rite 32 jujj piiplz lik dat kk cozz datz meen wut if i calld u aa chikn l0lololol0l; i go kik da grammrcopz wit azsesz roflmaolollololol bich crakkin hoe leik plz u aint got nthn on mii or i get mii grrlfrendz lol s0- dont evn go dere kk thx xox

13. Tim

Tim

Cuss much? >_>

EDIT: Did I seriously just do that? >_>

#13 Tim, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  14. Dark Secret

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You'll be surprised to learn that the standard of English written on the EC Forum is a lot higher than that written on another Forum I frequent - and that one is populated by adults.

This type of English, my brain can just about just about cope with:

But this . . . well I can't even begin to work out, so I just tend to overlook the Post:

Thanks to Myzou for the translation of the above, because my poor brain just about went into meltdown trying to make any sense of it.

15. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    srsly gt a grp lol ok bye

16. kh23172

LOL. I totally agree, I usually do write everything with correct grammar. I don't like feeling like a total moron over the internet.

17. BlueRose

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am the grammar Nazi.

18. Okay, are you ready for this? The ultimate hybrid of simple beauty and grammar. The shortest sentence in the English langauge, I give you: Go. (Kind of anticlimactic, isn't it?)

19. davo-man

If anything is written so badly that it makes me take time to read it (for instance no paragraphs, no grammar, no full stops, badly incorrent spelling (done on purpose), or every word capitilised) I simply don't read it. If they want the public to take time to read their post, I think they should put in the effort to make it legible.

That said, there are obvious exceptions for people who speak English as a second language etc

20. I Can't Stand It When People Do This Either. It Annoys Me To No End. oR WhEN tHEy dO THis. gAh! geT A ClUE!