1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going to pride

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by blue llama, May 7, 2019.

1. blue llama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's a pride week in the city nearby and I'm thinking of going there...
    There are some stuff I've been thinking bout tho.

I'm only 14 and I don't know if there's gonna be other people there in my age, cause I really want to make new friends or at least have some fun with other teens. What are your experiences? Are there any 14 year olds who go to the parade or is it just for older people?

My other concern is that I'm not out to my parents yet and I'm not planning on coming out yet, but I also want to give a hint so they can figure it out before I'm even coming out.
    Are they gonna get suspicious if I say that I'm going to the parade? Is that like a small hint or does it scream gay?

And also, is it fun? What do they usually do on pride? What are your thoughts and experiences?

2. Really

Hey @blue llama

Is it easy to get to that nearby city? Could you go with friends? The Pride parade here is for all ages. I suspect yours will be too. Our parade ends up at a festival at a beach where there are tents with vendors and lgbtq organizations, food trucks, etc. Once the parade ends, there is a concert. It’s pretty much just a summer festival but geared towards the lgbtq community and its allies.

If this is the sort of event you’d normally be interested in, i don’t see why your parents would question you wanting to check out this one. Maybe they have a website where you could check out photos from previous years to see if it’s something you’d enjoy. If you only end up going for a short while, I’m sure you’ll be glad you did it.

Let us know how it goes if you go. :slight_smile:

3. blue llama

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thank you for your answer @Really !

It's pretty easy to get to that city, I usually hang out there with my friends. Maybe I can drag them to come with me to pride :wink:

It sounds fun where you live and we'll see what it is like here.
    And I've also checked out their website. It wasn't much information there but it was a few pictures. It looks kinda fun!

And also, I did find something on the website; it's an activity where you can bake cookies and help making some pride stuff for the parade on Saturday.

I'm definitely gonna let you know how it went :slight_smile:

4. Really

Great! Have fun! :gay_pride_flag:

5. beenthrdonetht

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Please do, it sounds like a good idea. You will probably be glad you went.