1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Going back to school

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Bludzee, Aug 29, 2022.

1. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thursday I go back to school. But this year, I go to the superior level of school. It’s going to be really bigger than my old school (before there was 300 person now there’s going to be 1000 person). I’m kinda worried about that.
    I know I’m going to see some friend for the first time since two months, some of my friends are a year younger than me so It’s going to be difficult to see them this year.
    There’s few friend I’d like to came out to them this year. I’m not sure if it’s a good idea. I still don’t know how homophobic this new school can be…
    The person I know who are a year older than me told me there’s so much more work in this year, this worry me too.
    I’m kinda stress about all of this, but mainly by seeing people again. Like my crush. It’s been months since I haven’t seen her, I hope I won’t act to awkward…

Aeolia likes this.
  2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    High School is pretty chill. In middle school, everyone know each other so it's hard to avoid people you don't like.
    In HS, everybody's busy either drinking coffee, playing cards or trying to find where their next class is, they barely have any time to be homophobic or to bother you.
    Are you going for a "general" cursus ? (tu vas en seconde générale ? ou bien tu pars sur du pro ou du stmg ?)

I don't know where you're from exactly, but in Lyon I spent my HS years being openly bi and barely had any trouble for it.

Bludzee likes this.
  3. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’m in a general cursus, and openly very homophobic student from my middle school don’t. But I live in Normandy and people are rather conservative here.

4. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    welp, gonna have to judge the temperature for yourself.

but overall I'd say you shouldn't worry much, high school is way chiller than middle school. There's less bullying overall and most people don't care about you or the colour of your socks.
    about the workload, my brother barely does anything at home and still found his way into his last year of HS. you'll probably still need to work, I don't know how easy or hard school is for you. But it doesn't seem to be that overwhelming.

Bludzee likes this.