1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

God I hate pre-dating!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Eligh, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Eligh

I swear, this guy I am talking to named Darrell is so confuzing. We both like each other, but he is so hard to get ahold of. We have different intrests, but for the most part, we have alot in common. And right now, I really want a boyfriend. I have had a few in the past, but nothing really serious. What I want right now is a serious, commited realtionship. People tell me that I am too young to have a relationship like that, but I dont think I am. If you are mature enough to fully comprehend what love really is, then how are you to young?

2. confusedkid

confusedkid Guest

To your question about how old you have to be for a "serious relationship" I don't think there's any real age you have to be. If you want to have a boyfriend, go for it. The only issue you have to look at is whether or not HE wants a committed relationship...

-CK

3. JonB321

To further ConfusedKid's point, just because you want or are ready for a long term, committed relationship, doesn't mean that the next guy you date will be that relationship. You haven't even started dating! Wouldn't it make sense to wait and see if you wanted a committed relationship WITH HIM? and not just in general?

4. Eligh

Let me correct a few things you miss read.

Okay, did you fully read my thread? I said that I have dated around. But I said that it wasnt anything worth while. So before you claim that I havent even started to date, maybe you need to read my comment. And another thing, Im trying to dig into him to find if that he wants a long term, commited relationship. So far I have a green light. But I cant say yes or no at this point, I am still finding things out. But anyway, I am ready for a relationship, and I can carry things on. I follow my instincts, and I also follow what the stars tell me, and I am a cancer, he's a picies, thats very good, and it says in my horoscopes that I am fully ready to take on love, and that I have to be quick to get things done, or I wont get what I am looking for.

5. JonB321

okay... first, I wasn't referring to your past dating experiences, I meant you haven't started to date this guy... you can't just go into a relationship thinking this is long term! It doesn't work like that. Go in thinking "he has potential", or "This seems like it will be good." don't think "We'll get a Civil Union in December, and than when they legalize marriage, we'll have a white wedding with a sailor theme".

And I'm not attacking your beliefs, but are you sure horoscopes are where you want to get your dating and living advice from?

6. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Yeah, I was a bit surprised to see you taking advise from horoscopes too. From most of your posts you seem to be a very down-to-earth guy who doesn't accept any bullshit, which doesn't (to me anyway) quite fit in with believing horoscopes. :confused: But if you find they are a good guide and have proved to be reliable in the past, then fair enough. :icon_razz

JonB321 made a good point there, and I can't really add any more to that.

7. Eligh

Ugh, your still not getting my point.

I didnt say that I was automaticaly going to jump into a LTR with this guy, I said I would like to. There is a difference. As I said in my second comment, I am diging into him to see if he wants a relationship thats commited, and as I said, Im getting a green light. But I still dont know everything about this guy, so I am intrested to se what I can get out of this. And also about the astrology thing, I strongly belive in them. They have lead me to positive things before, and Im positive that they will lead me to more positive things in life. Look up informations on your own sign, and see just how much in common you have with that sign. I fit the profile of a cancer pretty damn well.