1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have a feeling. My one friends thinks it's Kitty but I honestly am like...why would it be Kitty? I think it's going to be an online predator for sure...why did he have to send that calendar picture though...bah though it was nice to see...

2. CTJ

CTJ

The whole Ryder attacking Unique made no sense to me. I think it would have been a golden opportunity for the writers to finally give Joe some dialogue and show him being uncomfortable with unique because of his religion. I was never a huge fan of Joe to begin with, but now its bugging me how he is just there with no dialogue or songs.

Other than the Ryder confusion, i thought it was a good ep. Santana was amazing as usual and Blaine in a Cheerios uniform is almost too much for me to handle. I swear he just gets hotter every time i see him.

3. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it's obvious who each is.

Unique is Baby Spice, Kitty is Ginger, Tina is Scary, Marley is Posh and Brittany is Sporty.

4. Tim

Tim

It shouldn't have been funny to me, but when Unique said she wanted to be Scary and Kitty said "Nothing's scarier than a girl with a penis." I laughed harder than I ever have at Glee. Same with Tina going "The black one? That makes no sense."

Alex's facial expressions were pretty dead on for Baby Spice, I have to say.

Jeebus. Mad respect for Jenna. Did you see how huge her platform shoes were?

Little Trivia: Only Kitty sung a line that was also sung by the same Spice Girl she was portraying.

Wannabe was probably the most evenly spread out song we've had, vocally wise. I mean, there was more Unique than the others, but it was still remarkably even.

The Sam and Blaine hug was hilarious.

"Mature and Honest conversation" Yea, cause throwing money at him and calling him a hooker that sells his body is mature.

Darren's hair in Mamma Mia... <3

Only songs I liked this episode were Wannabe and Mamma Mia. The others... bleh.

5. Markio

Even though part of me was intrigued at the idea of Sam being attracted to Blaine, I'm glad that he demonstrated how it doesn't have to be awkward or threatening if a gay guy has a crush on you.

Of course I loved Wannabe! How can't you fall for that catchy nostalgia? I was really digging their costumes; I want Kitty's boots!

...Where was Joe? Or Sugar? I think it's weird how unimportant characters in an episode simply aren't there.

6. Tim

Tim

Samuel was a Glee Project contestant. I wouldn't be surprised if Joe's written out of the show next year. Alex clearly inspired them to create Unique, but Samuel was not the inspiration for Joe. Cameron was, and it's pretty clear.

Sugar on the other hand... I don't think they know what to do with her.

Anyway, the current rumor for season 5 and why it hasn't been picked up yet:

Ryan Murphy apparently wants to end season 4 on Regionals... and have season 5 pick up with them preparing for Nationals. This would cut down on re-casting new members for New Directions. This would ONLY focus on McKinley, nothing in New York.

Only, Nationals would be the winter finale. Then after that, McKinley is gone and they focus solely on New York and Blaine and possibly Tina adjusting to going to NYADA, along with Rachel, Kurt, Finn, and Santana also, obviously.

Apparently, the reason it hasn't been picked up is FOX is skeptical people will watch the second half of the season. (As it's a show about a High School Glee Club, not about New York) I honestly probably wouldn't. It comes down to if Ryan Murphy is willing to cave and write out New York or if they can reach a compromise. Otherwise, Glee may not return for season 5.

#4106 Tim, Mar 23, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2013
  7. Markio

Allegedly there's a school shooting in the next episode, with no attention on the New York characters.

8. Sayu

^ Yeah, I've read about it. But it really sucks that NYC will not be included in this episode :frowning2:

9. Tim

Tim

The episodes without New York are my favorite in the season, actually. I DESPISE DESPISE DESPISE Rachel and Kurt.

However, it's not a school shooting.

There's a gunshot, and it's treated seriously, but it's not a school shooting and no one gets shot.

10. lexi

lexi Guest

I just now watched the valentines day episode lol...

QUINTANA!!!! Yes :grin:

11. Tim

Tim

Sure, that wasn't TECHNICALLY a school shooting, but honestly, Ryan Murphy trying to cover up spoilers really gets annoying.

Anyway, they SERIOUSLY need to stop giving Brittany storylines. Or at least not ones so freaking stupid. I wanted to claw my brain out over the meteor and Lord Tubbington storyline. The scene with Becky was nice though.

...did anyone notice there was a guy in the girl's bathroom?

So who's Katie? Unique? Blaine?

There's the Ryan Murphy we know, another snarky comment about Tina not getting solos, but not giving her any. (Unless she has one in the finale, she has no more solos this season) I hold out hope she'll be the soloist at Regionals.

Poor Becky & Sue. :frowning2:

12. Markio

I was a little irked by how much the Glee kids were moving around the room making noise. It's like, Sit. Still. I could understand Marley crying because her mom was also in the school; I could understand Sam being upset for Brittany, although why he felt compelled to break the security of the room seems incredibly stupid, even for Sam.

Did no one text Tina??

This Katie mystery is really compelling! My top suspects:
    1) Tina: it was her phone that went off, supposing she left her stuff there earlier, and that's why she didn't text any of them to make sure they were OK. Why else would she be so worried about being unable to say goodbye?
    2) Unique: she could have a second cell phone. She has a motive to remain anonymous, and we didn't see her holding her phone in the room. We've also never seen her romantic interests, so it could easily be that she likes Ryder.

I laughed at the line, "Maybe it was the bass player with the bowl cut. Or Brad, the piano player!" They referenced Sugar as not being there, meaning that she's somehow still relevant despite not appearing for many episodes. I wish they would reference what happened to Joe: whether he's left the club, transferred schools, or what.

13. Sayu

I think this episode was really great (even though there were no NYC scenes) and the shooting was filmed very well.

*And I think Katie is Unique, because of the look on her face when the phone was ringing.

14. Tim

Tim

Whoever is Katie is obviously using a second phone. Ryder's friends with all of them, he'd have their numbers.

But yes, the fact no one texted Tina was weird to me.

Sam pissed me off in this episode. If I were any of the other Glee kids, I seriously would have knocked him the fuck out, and I'm not violent. You don't risk the safety of your closest friends and the teachers all because of your girlfriend or boyfriend. I understand you worry about them, but you could end up killing yourself, your friends, AND you GF/BF by doing that.

15. MixedNutz

Just watched it. First. Someone should have laid Sam out for all that.

I think it was one of the best episodes in a while.

16. Emberstone

Honestly, this was the first episode of the 4th season I watched all the way through. the dynamic of the show was ruined when they started graduating people, and in the end, the show just stopped working for me, and why I got into it in the first place. it just felt off.

and frankly, I did not think they handled the concept of a school shooting well. My reason for saying this is that I felt like the shooting was just dropped in the middle of it, but not in a 'random occurace' kind of way. I am from oregon, and we have Thurston High when I was in highschool, which happened at a school some of my friends went to at the time. my brother was at Pacific Luthern University when a gunmen went on campus to kill the faculty member he was stalking, found out she was on vacation leave, then shot a professor dead, then himself. I was locked in a room for 4 hours when someone had put bombs on my highschool campus, and recently locked down at my college when someone was seen walking through the campus parking lot with an replica gun.

These things, yes, do come at you out of the blue, and you never expect them, and they are scary when they happen. But with my personal connections to the issue of lockdowns and school shootings, this episode felt off. It was trying to be topical, but in the end, it seemed rather forced. when your locked down in your class with the lights off and the windows shuttered, and texts are racing through the school, starting with people who saw and reported the gun texting their friends on campus, yah, it is scary.

however, I just felt like they decided to go for a very fatalistic approch, and sam running for the door felt so fake and overdone. I also swear I heard three gunshots, but only two are addressed. There was the one when he clapped, one shortly after, then one more a little ways in. it just seemed so flimsily put together, and was going for the overdramatics, mainly with sam and tina.

and, I suspect that they will just pull another Quinn, and this will be compartmentalized to this episode. the promos make it seem that this is not going to have any carry over effect.

they just wanted to be topical.

17. Tim

Tim

18. Sayu

Wow, well that escalated quickly. I love Klaine, so I'm obviously happy, but I feel really sorry for Adam, because I've started to like him, too. But whatever makes Kurt happy, I approve of :icon_bigg I don't really like/get the idea of "mentoring" them, but we'll see, I guess.

19. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
  20. sugarcubeigloo

I really liked Adam too. Although, I don't like Klaine. They just don't go together for me. I thought Kurt and Adam were better together. Although, I may be the only one to have this opinion. :lol:

This! Its my working theory as well! I actually would like to see a Tina-Ryder connection happen. :slight_smile: