1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Glee

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by No One, Sep 9, 2009.

1. Tim

Tim

I'll just leave this here.

[​IMG]

Oh, and music video for one song next episode:

[youtube]buUTbmnaWP4[/youtube]

SADLY, there will be no new Glee episodes for 3 weeks after tomorrow. :frowning2: 3 Weeks Off.

#4061 Tim, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  2. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am fully convinced that the only reason Ali made it into the top 3 is so that they could do this story line. I was so irked throughout season two of the glee project when people who were much more talented were eliminated while Ali made it through.

3. Tim

Tim

Ali is insanely talented. Not sure what show you were watching. :confused:

4. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shes not nearly as talented as some of the people who were eliminated. She never really stood out during an episode. There were people who were much better singers than she is who were eliminated before her. I would of preferred Micheal, Abraham, or Nelly over her. I know the show isn't picked on just talent, they have to consider how the person will fit into the cast (story lines etc... ), I'm just glad that they made the right choice of Blake. It was clear that he was going to win the entire time, he was by for the most balanced of the competitors.

*Edit*
    Also, she doesn't look like a teenager. I know Glee has some actors that are older and are still acting as high school students, but they look like they could pass in a high school. If your looking for some one that may be on your show for a couple years, than she would not be a smart choice. Unless they don't care about that, and with Kitty being on the show I think that might be the case. When her hair is down she looks like shes 30.

#4064 Thatoneguy, Feb 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2013
  5. DeanIsHome

I agree she looks a bit old for the high school setting, the only one who really fit for me as a student that looked older was Puck/Noah.

6. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Michael, Abrahim and Nellie all no. If I'm being honest they should bring Aylin and Marissa in. Marissa's elimination was honestly the biggest travesty of the Glee Project. As for Aylin, I think the Muslim storyline should be done for sure and she seriously has amazing talent. Her Rolling in the Deep finale performance blew me away.

7. Ethan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aylin's performance of Without You is one of my favorite things ever and completely overshadows the original song.
    I would like to see a Muslim storyline but I just don't know if Glee could give her and the storyline the screentime they deserve.

And while I will eternally love Nellie, I don't think she would be a good fit for Glee. She's a musician, not an actor.

8. Tim

Tim

[youtube]ZASPaEACfgk[/youtube]
    [youtube]O-1r4hLHYxI[/youtube]

Are still my favorite season 2 performances. Lily's voice is incredible.

And for season 1, Hannah in The Only Exception was the one I thought felt the most genuine in the show, which is why her elimination pisses me off. If she had been sent home on an off-week, I could understand, but she was the best in that video she had ever been, and blew away Damian, Samuel, and Alex in the video. But no, they just had to have Lindsay, Samuel, and her in the bottom because they had never been in the bottom before.

She didn't have an AMAZING voice, but she was sweet, kind, she had a voice that blended well with other voices and harmonized incredibly well.

9. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I really do disagree with how they decide to eliminate people, sometimes they send people home when they had the best performance of the bottom three. I also think they should take into consideration how often someone is in the bottom three, if its there 4th week in a row in the bottom three maybe they shouldn't be on the show.

That being said, I loved Charlies version of Fix You by Coldplay

10. sugarcubeigloo

Ugh! Yes! I thought Ali was such a sweetie. :slight_smile: I'm glad that she gets to make an appearance. Although, I'd still really would like to see Nellie in there. :lol:

BTW... anyone else catch season 1's Matheus on American Idol?

11. Tim

Tim

Season 2 Ryan Murphy began watching the video for the week before judging.

In season 1, he only met the contestants once they hit the stage for their first LCP. He wasn't even there in casting. (So yes, he first met Lindsay, Samuel, and Hannah the same week Hannah went home - the 2 weeks before the finale).

As such, he only had that ONE performance to judge them on. Marissa was given a bad song, as was Hannah, as such, they were sent home. Ryan Murphy has expressed he made a big mistake eliminating someone, and most people assume that's Marissa, though we've had no confirmation. (Though honestly, I think it's safe to say it's either Marissa or Hannah, as they're the only ones who were sent home late int he competition their first time in the bottom)

During season 2, he was present during casting, and watched the video each week to make sure someone wouldn't get sent home just because they were assigned a song Nikki/etc. thought would work well with their voice, but didn't.

As for being in the bottom 3 X times being a factor, I don't quite agree. People get sent to the bottom for multiple reasons, not just their acting/singing. Like Charlie got sent to the bottom one week because he gave attitude to the director. Etc. Those are minor things they simply have to talk to them about.

12. flymetothemoon

AH! Ending like THAT with three weeks until the next episode? They're KILLING me!

13. Thatoneguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The issue with the bottom three is if they are there continually for the same thing than they are not listening to the advise. If someone is in the bottom 3 for a third time and they get a 4th chance to change, but some one else is in the bottom 3 for the first time ever and they don't get that second chance.

14. Tim

Tim

Next 3 weeks = No New Episodes. :frowning2:

15. Tim

Tim

Not so sad anymore.

That was the worst episode of Glee I've ever seen.

Can you say jumping the shark on a whole new level?

I actually look forward to this hiatus. I may need those 3 weeks for my brain to recover.

And @Thatoneguy, very few people were sent to the bottom multiple times for the same reason. The only one I remember off the top of my head was Damian - who won, which I still think was fucking ridiculous.

16. julia

Just here to say, Klaine and Quinntana ^_^

17. nar1207

18. Revan

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I read an interview they had with Shanna a while back and it made a good point about The Glee Project. You want to almost aim to be in the bottom 3. Now in Season 2 this might not have been as prominent as Season 1 as Tim explained because in S1 he never met the person until they got to the bottom 3. But nonetheless, with the bottom three although there is that risk of going home, you get to show yourself to Ryan. You get to really expose yourself and who you are to him whereas if you only wind up there for the first time like midway through the competition, let's face it, you might go home because he really doesn't know the real you, only the one you perform in the music video which in some cases winds up horrible lol. See: Marissa, Hannah and Shanna. So the fact is, as much as you want to stay out of the bottom three, sometimes just being there once early in the show can benefit you as long as you are stronger than the other two OR can bring something unique to your performance (see Charlie's Fix You) for the Last Chance Performance that impresses Ryan enough to keep you.

19. Markio

Wait, so did Brody lie to Rachel and go see a prostitute? Or was he the prostitute? What was up with that scene where he leaves a door with a handful of money???

I'm a little miffed by how many couples they seem to be reuniting: Finchel, Klaine, Finchel... I feel like the show is glorifying high school romance to an absurd degree. It's so unrealistic! On a show where people break out into song on a regular basis, no less! As much as I liked Kurt and Blaine together, I think I preferred to see them get older and moving on.

20. Tim

Tim

They aren't back together.

Kurt and Blaine made it quite clear when talking to Tina that they're just best friends now, as did Ryan Murphy in an interview.

Finn and Rachel I can't comment on though.

Anyway, the only part of the movie I liked was immortalized on tumblr. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]