1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

girl friend just ended it out of the blue.

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by AfraidandAlone, Jan 22, 2016.

1. AfraidandAlone

Well seeing as she was my first girlfriend I have never gone through this befor. I still don't even really know why she ended it, she said it was because she could see the relationship was hard on both of us but well that just is not true. For me this was the best thing to ever happen to me in my life and she really was amazing. I know her parents didn't like me and I could deal with that. They are very controlling of her and I know that was hard on her but well I honestly thought what we had was worth fighting for. The worst part is for as much anger I have towards her right now I still want her :'(. She said she wanted to try and be friends but there is no chance that could possibly happen. I just really feel like she is just another person who has given up on me in a long line.

2. Gravity

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Probably the most telling part of your post. Maybe this is true and maybe it isn't - but one important thing to keep in mind is that rejection of any kind in relationships (not wanting to date, or not wanting to date anymore) does not necessarily mean - in fact very seldom means, in cases I've known - that they are rejecting you as a person.

You mention that there's some trouble with her family - that could be part of it. As painful as it is to think, it could be that she just feels differently about the relationship, possibly because of other things happening in her life (big changes coming up, and so forth).

The first time definitely, definitely sucks. But you're not alone - many people have been where you are right now. :slight_smile: Keep posting, but keep reminding yourself that this does not mean you are the problem - not by a long shot!

3. AfraidandAlone

I guess if any thing it taught me a lot about my self. It has helped me become slightly more social and more at ease around people and new people especially. I have also learned just how quickly my opinion of some one can change. While it hurts and sucks, I think I will be a much better person for it.

4. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did that once with one of my past relationships. In retrospect, it was an internal conflict I was dealing with. I was so focused on him that when I was alone I could not function properly. Realizing this, I sought to figure out why this was the case. Turns out I just need to focus on myself much more; turn the attention elsewhere, as it were.

I'm not sure if your girlfriend ended it for the same or similar reason, but maybe it's something she's dealing with, like a need that hasn't been met and can only be met when she figured it out.

#4 Jax12, Jan 24, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2016
  5. Cort

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Rejection by others is one of the most painful human experiences there is.

It’s easy to start trying to come up with reasons why someone rejected you – almost like attempting to prove that they were right for doing so. Before you know if, you’re seeing yourself as flawed, broken, not good enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough, not outgoing enough, not caring enough, and on and on.

I think it’s important to catch yourself anytime you start trying to rationalize why someone might have been right for rejecting you.

As Chip said, more often than not, sudden “out of the blue” break-ups like this have more to do with emotional issues the other person is dealing with – not about something you did wrong. Without reading her mind, you’ll never know what the exact reason is – and there is no point in speculating endlessly.

Rejection doesn’t have to be a bad thing. The fact that you got rejected shows me that you had the courage to get out there and build a connection with someone – many people struggle to do even that much. At least you’re in the arena as opposed to being a bystander. Rejection is inevitable – but you learn and grow as a person each and every time.

6. AfraidandAlone

I know it was all brought on by problems her mother was causing for her and her own childishness and her unwillingness to stand up for her self.

7. warthog

I just wanna say, I hear you. it sucks, and I hope you feel better soon.

* pours moonshine and gets stupid drunk*

8. AfraidandAlone

Well some good news now ^_^ we went for a nice walk probably about an hour or so befor I had to work today. We had a really good talk about ever thing that's been going on. I made it clear to her that if we are friends I will always want more than just friends and that I would want us to at least try and be more than just friends and let her know that I know it will take time and she has too take care of her self first, which I'm glad she has finally realized. I hope this is her actually learning to stand up for her self.