1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting kinda lonely

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by Diogenes, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Diogenes

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I came to realize I was bisexual in middle school when I started getting attracted to some of my childhood friends. I grew up in a ultra catholic conservative family, my parents were a little homophobic however the priest at our church was convinced that homosexuality was caused by demons. I’m OCD and many of my obsessions have revolved around my sexuality, so add the fear of hell and satan to the mix and I shut down. For the rest of middle school and high school I had no friends. My older sister is my only friend(she’s also bi), because she went through many of the same things however she’s an opera student in Baltimore and I’m alone.

I’ve come to terms with my sexuality, I’m medicated for OCD, and I see a therapist sometimes. I want to try and make some friends, but honestly I have no social skills and don’t even know where to start.