1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting hit on by the opposite sex and drama

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Silveroot, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Mihael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have the same but oposite problem, straight women have the habit of play flirting with other women. They get freaked out if I take it seriously. They seem to completely ignore the possibility that I might be into women and that they are playing with my feelings.

Silveroot likes this.
  2. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Play flirting can be fun, but I wouldn't want a straight guy to get too physically close to me. That would be like me leading on a straight woman.

3. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

I haven't made any plans to leave yet. I must first try and see what happens here, but for some reason it seems impossible to be both out and happy.

4. Silveroot

Silveroot Guest

Yeah, it feels very awkward to be made to feel bad just for not liking the opposite sex. A male friend of mine knows I might just be a lesbian, I've also told him I only see him as friend and yet at times likes to tell me I'm pretty and flirts with me. It's weird because I've talked to him about how awkward this makes me but I feel like he's doing it to make himself feel better. If he continues behaving like this, I might have to stop seeing him. He hasn't broken any boundaries like trying to touch me yet, but you bet it's annoying.

For some reason when I try to explain this awkwardness and anger I experience when getting hit on by the opposite sex, straight people just don't get it. They look at me all google-eyed, perplexed and say things like 'but you are pretty, aren't you happy or grateful that people flirt with you' and with a look that says 'what's wrong with you' or 'you must be really stuck up, you should be feeling lucky'.

In some cases, when I try make them see my situation and tell them to imagine themselves being hit on all the time by the same-sex, they reply with revulsion or apathy and shrug it off and change the subject. When pressed, they'll come up with something like 'well, this isn't the same thing' but it is the same situation, reversed to make them see what it feels like. I don't think they want to understand. I don't know.

5. Devil Dave

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I find it tiresome when women compliment my looks too much. It's pretty much the same feeling if a gay man who I'm not attracted to does it, but it doesn't happen as frequently with other gay men because there just aren't that many gay men in my area, and there are a lot of straight women. So I am more likely to be told that I'm handsome by a straight woman than a gay guy, let alone a hot gay guy who I would actually want to go out with.

So I use my slutty act to put women off. It seems to work as a kind of reverse psychology. Back when I was shy and prudish and naive, I would have women constantly telling me "You're good looking, I can't believe you're single" (with this sympathetic/disappointed look on their face that would really piss me off, like they were pitying me) yet now when I talk about men I've had sex with or make vulgar comments about men I fancy, it seems to shut them up, like it shatters their image of me being this sweet naive innocent boy who needs their guidance to put himself out there. When I make it clear that I put myself out there in my own way, then they back off and keep their noses out of my sex life. I'm not suggesting or recommending that you use this technique to deal with unwanted attention and reactions, but its what works for me.

Silveroot likes this.