1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting help and moving forward...

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ZoeyT, Jun 7, 2019.

1. ZoeyT

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    So over the past 7 years since the age of 12 of struggling to tell parents i've been wanting to be a girl since around the age of 10. I have fallen into a bit of deep depression. And just recently ended up telling my Dad who told my mum about being depressed these past few years and even a bit suicidal one point.

They decided to book me an appointment to speak to the doctor about my depression so i can get some help. I'm also thinking this would be great opportunity to start getting my HRT journey to as not being able to go on them has been my main reason for being depressed as I wake up everyday looking in the mirror being trapped in the wrong body.

I just want some advice on how to bring this subject up to my doctor. And of course my parents.

2. imagirl

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi Zoey- the only thing to do is to be as truthful as you can, consistently, and you may find your desires evolve. I have noticed that when we are in deficit certain goals seem all important- but as we meet our needs our goals shift. You can transition socially to be a girl without HRT or surgery. If that isn't enough- then do more!