1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting closer

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by Searching1, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks so much, @RJay! Yes it's true.. I guess who knows! It's weird to think about, but may as well keep open.

Thanks, @junebug! I totally agree. I have finally been feeling free with being me and my orientation. I finally have been in a good emotional place. I'm glad you also have been feeling good and free!

So despite by good place the past couple of days, it had been crushed a bit by hearing from my husband. He texted me furiously this morning in extreme jealousy asking if I have "done anything" since I have been out here. He says he doesn't trust that I won't do anything. I told him no of course not but I did share a bed with my friend (like always). He had been raging all day and is checking out. He can't even talk to me. He knows I have done nothing wrong but he is just done. So now I am depressed and scared and terrified I have everything all wrong. I hate that he is hurting this much. I hate how we have completely dissolved. I don't think there is any saving us even if I "did" change my mind. Not that I want to. It's all just so scary to see things falling apart.

junebug99 likes this.
  2. Moonsparkle

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So scary! I remember this feeling. My relationship with my husband was beyond broken...but fear had me wanting to hang on to the broken mess. We mediated our divorce as it is much cheaper. And the first time we met with our lawyer I sat there and cried the whole time. (My husband had checked out emotionally long before this. He sat there just generally annoyed, barely even engaged in process.)

Not even sure what I was crying about. I guess it was just the being there with the lawyer, such in your face proof that there was no saving us. Even if i didn't want to. UGH. Still I was filled with fear, and just lots of emotions in general!

Searching1 likes this.
  3. leb10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    @Searching1 you don't have things all wrong and you haven't done anything to ashamed of. I think he may just be realizing some things in a capacity he couldn't while you were home. I also think he just had the single parent epiphany and you guys will work through that in a way that works for your family. I know your living in a place of constant hurt and it's exhausting and depleting. Try to recharge today and take another step forward. It's going to be OK.

4. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Oh @Searching1, I understand these feelings so well! It is incredibly scary to see your world falling apart and have no real grip on all the feelings attached to it. It is ok to feel excited for the new beginnings you see in yourself and it is ok to still feel scared. Loving someone exposes us to all kinds of fears and vulnerabilities that we never really acknowledge until we are forced to face them. In time, I think all we can ever hope for is that the love we feel evolves and the relationship changes as our needs change. If you find that you are no longer meant to work together as a couple that is ok as well. That doesn't mean the love you feel/have felt for each other has to end- it just has to be allowed to evolve. I know all of this is so much easier said than done. In the end he has to be a willing partner as well, but know that you are not doing anything wrong by being true to yourself.

Searching1, leb10 and Mabel like this.
  5. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much, guys. All great advice. I love my husband so much and yes the reality is this and what we will be giving up is hitting me with a stabbing pain in the chest. I just can't believe it. It's incredibly heartbreaking. I know I said before that he was signing the lease last week but it was still just talk. As of today he called me and said he is done and he will sign a lease to move out next week. He is just so done and giving up. He says we can call it a break but he will be moving on and knows this is it. It hurts so bad. I keep waiting for me to realize "no, I had it all wrong", but I just keep letting things happen. I wish sometimes I could just go back to how things were but there is no going back. Too much has surfaced and been revealed. This sucks so bad. I know it will get better but I just can't believe this.

6. leb10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Sending lots of supportive vibes your way. I'm so sorry you're hurting

NeonSocks and Searching1 like this.
  7. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww Searching1 I'm so sorry you are hurting. I totally get this seems such a final and painful thing. We are all here for you.

Searching1 likes this.
  8. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I wish I could do more then send you virtual hugs! Hang in there and know that we are all thinking about you.

Searching1, silverhalo and junebug99 like this.
  9. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much, @leb10.

10. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you so much, @silverhalo and @NeonSocks. My chest is hurting in pain today. I feel back to confusion and feeling lost. But I know this needs to happen.

leb10 likes this.
  11. Contented

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Rjay you said it, something primal and animalistic takes over and then you know definitively that this is what you have been looking for. Once this occurs it is almost impossible to go back

RJay, dreamingfreely and Searching1 like this.
  12. RJay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Feel the pain, and keep moving through it!

junebug99 likes this.
  13. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Progress.. yet fear! We are there. I have until tomorrow to change my mind on signing a lease for an apartment. I may be the one who moves out. We're trying to decide that for sure. But he is done and checked out. The tears and depression on his end are heartbreaking. I'm not crying this time. My chest still hurts but I feel strong and clear. I am owning this. I chopped my hair off yesterday and something happened afterwards. I feel empowered and free and I look the part. He thinks it looks good but for him it was symbolic of being done. He says I officially am not the same person.

I had some intense conclusions and strength in therapy yesterday. All of my tension and struggles come down to constantly doing things to please others and to live the life expected of me. It's time for me to do things for ME. I'm terrified but feeling at peace in a sense. For now at least. I changed my status to lesbian. I am owing it.. I am gay. This is still a break. There is stil a chance I could come to different conclusion, but I don't see this stopping. So scary but I am living and making my own fate!

Lia444, NeonSocks, Leela80 and 4 others like this.
  14. leb10

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I can feel your determination in that post. It's really awesome. I know everything is beyond bittersweet, but good for you! Doing things for you! I need to do that too. Thanks for that reminder. :slight_smile:

15. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! Everything comes in waves and there are sooo many ups and downs in all of this. Yesterday I was strong and determined, and today after spending a very long day with my husband in deep conversation about everything, I am beaten to a pulp. He is in the intense anger phase of grief and saying so many hurtful things. I am just done.. we both are. Time to move on and figure things out for sure. I just keep trying to trust myself but man it's still hard. You'll get back into it when you are ready! But yes, remember to think about what YOU want. We deserve to be happy and live our best life.

Leela80, leb10 and Moonsparkle like this.
  16. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    There is no sense in carrying on to try and protect eeachothers feelings. When the hurtful words start it's time to move on and let the healing begin.

17. Searching1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's so true. We have been so respectful and caring throughout the process. Now that we are facing the true reality of everything, we are diving into the next painful phase of this process. We both agreed today that we need a separation to begin asap. We are going in tomorrow to sign. There is nothing good left that can come of us in our state. I am still telling him to hang on to some hope in case I have a realization that I have things wrong on a break. There is no turning around though. It is all destructive until we can heal.

#137 Searching1, Oct 7, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    junebug99 likes this.
  18. junebug99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's probably best to take time away from each other. I think you're making the right decision for what its worth. Hopefully you can at least be friends.

dreamingfreely and Searching1 like this.
  19. NeonSocks

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hang in there @Searching1! I know it's painful right now especially once you have reached the point of being mentally checked out. Just remember that your happiness is important and you deserve to know your truth.

Searching1 and dreamingfreely like this.
  20. Mabel

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    You are being so so strong. I hope you are very proud of that. You are in the thick of it, just keep swimming. I have the feeling that it’s all gonna work out for you. In separating you are giving eachother the space to heal. I feel optimistic for you, that you two will find a balance. Hugs xo

dreamingfreely and Searching1 like this.