1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting an original Wii?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by BandGeek26, Jul 3, 2018.

1. BandGeek26

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have the opportunity to get an original Wii (GameCube compatible) for $30-40 from family. I already have a Wii, but it is not GameCube compatible. I don't have any GameCube controllers or games either so I would have to buy them. Is it worth it for me to get another Wii just to play GameCube games, should I try to talk down the price, or just pass on getting it?

2. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'd say that's a good price for a Wii. To save progress in GameCube games on a Wii you also need a GameCube memory card. I have a Wii to play both Wii and GameCube games but only currently have one GameCube game I like (Mario Party 7). If you think you will like enough GameCube games I say try it but it's probably not worth it for just one or two games. I was hoping to enjoy more GameCube games but didn't like most of the ones I bought so I ended up selling them on eBay.

3. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Really depends on how much u want to play GameCube games. Its a shame modern consoles can't play older games without a download. There are a few games I have brought number of times cause of this.
    Maybe buy this one but sell your old Wii?

Out of interest how much is a GameCube going for these days?

4. Spot

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that’s a good price. I got my Wii years ago but from memory, it was about $80 secondhand so I’d go for it. Not sure how much controllers are but I’m thinking they’d be cheaper than buying a GameCube.

It’s a shame they don’t still manufacture the GameCube, I used to love it as a kid. Funnily enough, my dad sold it after the Wii came out because he said my brother and I could play the games on there. But the emulator never worked lol.

#4 Spot, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
  5. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This post made me realize that my Wii is totally GameCube compatible and here it's been collecting dust this entire time, I knew it had purpose, haha, and my gf wanted me to get rid of it so many times. I think she's going to be pretty pumped when I tell her about it.