1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderflux?

Discussion in 'Coming Out Advice' started by KartoffelWal, Jun 22, 2017.

1. KartoffelWal

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I came out maybe 3-4 months ago as transgender. Recently, I have been questioning again, and I think I'm transgender genderflux, or boyflux. But I'm afraid everyone I came out to will invalidate my feelings since I question a lot and have changed around my identity a lot in the past. How can I possibly avoid this?
    Also, if I do come out as genderflux, I would not come out immediately, but rather in maybe a few months or so.

2. JaimeGaye

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ahhhhh good old labels
    When I came out many years ago gender identification was in its infancy
    I was diagnosed with Kleinfelter Syndrome at 6, Dr's knew about the genetic defect how it manifested in the physical and medical states but they didn't then and to a large degree now still don't understand the emotional state of this genetic affliction.
    If you are unfamiliar with this "Affliction", Kleinfelters is a genetic "Defect" in which an additional female X chromosome is emplaced in a person's genetic code so instead of being a "Normal" XY male, I am a "Genetically coded" XXY "Male"
    At age 6 I was diagnosed when my parents took me in because they were concerned that I didn't act like a normal boy, I did all the things little girls do, not little boys and I looked more female than male.
    The final straw came when they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up and I told the I wanted to marry the Lone Ranger and live in a treehouse.
    At the time one doctor who was examining me asked me If I wanted them to cut my penis off, when I told him no he looked at my parents and told them "He'll be fine."
    I received three testosterone injections between 7 & 17 years "To round out my male features" and it worked, it defined my male exterior to fit me into the mold of what a man should be.
    What it didn't do is change my mental and emotional states.
    Inside I have always thought and felt as a woman.
    As I grew into puberty and the awakening of sexuality my parents came to realize as well that no matter what the doctors did to freak me into manly manliness I was always going to display "Homosexual Tendencies" and they were powerless to stop it
    Am I gay because I desire to be in committed relationships with men as the subordinate partner or am I a normal heterosexual woman who happens to look like a man and came equipped with a penis?
    The ONE thing I learned very early on is that there are certain advantages for women who can exert "Male Privilege" Oops, there I go with those silly labels again...

3. Myles Kramer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yo so there's a difference between gender expression and identity, yeah? Do you think your gender expression is going to change to fit this identity to the extent that it requires a new explanation for everyone close to you?

My honest answer is that I'm still figuring myself out to begin with but I don't need to have it all figured out to just have people use my pronouns and understand that trans=don't assign them their gender at birth. I don't want everyone's input on my identity, it's not going to help me figure it out, just make me go through my paces to 'prove' myself to them (like you were saying.) Honestly you don't need to if you don't want to. I spend time being completely out and affirmed and honest with friends and with a support group but not everyone I know needs the personal details of my gender for them to do their best to support me after I tell them how to do that.

I see that you think a few months is a reasonable time line for coming out some more. Yeah just spend some time letting yourself experiment with what it means to be flux and get to know yourself some and figure out how who you are translates to how you express yourself and then if the topic of your gender comes up and they express interest in details, depending on who it is, then the details can come out.

Tl:dr you can say "use these pronouns" "don't associate me with the gendered nonsense hung up around my d-ab that's not cool" or whatever it is you need from people without proving yourself to everyone, especially if they aren't accepting. Go find accepting spaces and people who you can talk about exploring yourself, ask questions, vent, celebrate, listen, and give advice to.