1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Genderfluidity life stories

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by OrangeWolf, Mar 20, 2017.

1. PianoKeys

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I understand the sense of belonging , honestly I feel like I dont even belong with the majority of my people, culture, world sometimes. I feel there is something missing. I know that is not the same as a gender related issues but I am trying to feel with you.

Though why would it help to have it on paper, it is fluid. Documents are not fluid and it is confusing. Is it not enough you found each other ? Personally I think fluid, is just not going to be universally understood. I might be wrong, but because its fluid. And I dont think its realistic to expect this of the world.

Safety and health issues to, if u have an accident and u are not easily identified, they need to know what you physically are (But that could be tricky for transgender perhaps as well sometimes medically). But you are saying so you are either female or male physically with a sub-gender as fluism? What it could hurt? Confusion for young people to be raised with a standard like this. You can feel this you can feel that, then you are this. Then that. Again, these are my thoughts and I am new to this.

If that is going to be a real fight with protests and what not, I dont think I could respect that (nobody asked me I know) because it is just something u can share, just as much as I being lesbian is not seen, I have to tell people or people have to ask. Thats just the way it is. And is that not the beauty of fluism ? It does not have to be documented ?

I think if it is becoming a source of protest, then I think pick your battles comes in place. This is not a worthy battle I believe but maybe gender fluism can be recognized somewhere else then on a document.

Sorry to possibly hurt , I do not want to offend. Like I said I am new to it, and I try to understand. The world is so tense as it is already and I just hope for not more riots for things that maybe dont need to be rioted for. I am just scared so much tolerance is required now that if you are not tolerant , then you are just an idiot who deserves to die it seems almost. Tolerance goes both ways. I am nervous even now that I will get bashed for what I am saying. I think even people not accepting me being lesbian is fine, as long as they do not hurt me or take away my chance for a job or etc.

But if that would be on a document, there is just no end to fluid feelings I believe. And I am talking on identification documents. Because what you feel, does not have to be fact. Even though u feel its fact, I dont think its something to force upon the world to see as fact. Because its what u feel. I hope you can feel happiness in finding each other and forming some sort of community that can raise the awareness you want. I hope you do not take offense

---------- Post added 23rd Mar 2017 at 07:46 AM ----------

Regarding fluism I mean, I still try to grasp going back and forth. Like I said I do understand trans gender

---------- Post added 23rd Mar 2017 at 07:46 AM ----------

But I dont go trough it so I know I dont know....just feel fluism is a bit to loose...

---------- Post added 23rd Mar 2017 at 07:47 AM ----------

And I dont know how much people are gender fluid ? I wonder though..

---------- Post added 23rd Mar 2017 at 07:47 AM ----------

Maybe it can become, soul-fluid ? haha no sorry I will stop now

2. Krishebble

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am not sure I am seeing anyone taking to the streets to demand anything, to be honest. Is there an example when this happened that I am not aware of? I could be wrong. There is a difference between sex and gender. I think some of the arguments that people are making is that in some cases it is important for there to be a distinction on some documents. While it is necessary for some to havthis on their medical form, especially if they are taking hormones or other medication. In government forms, it may not be necessary but helpful so that the government is aware of the exent of the community for establishing programs, census, etc. there are more reasons but I hope that this helps.

I am sorry but I am going to call you out. Tolerance is something that must not and can not ever be compromised. Genderfluid is a recognized subsection of the transgender community by multiple LGBT organizations, psychiatrists, medical professionals. Professed ignorance can't ever be a valid reason for not understanding and therefor dismissal of an entire group. As well, facts are not something they can be believed in. Facts are the way things are, and it not believing in them ones not change them. Our truths may be different, facts can not And please understand, I am not trying to bash but to try to open your eyes. And excpetence of a class of people leads to rights, conversely misunderstanding of said class gives justification for denial of these rights. We are raising awareness to dispel the ignorance. I do want to thank you for trying to understand. I would recommend doing more research to help for a deeper understanding of what it means. There are far greater explanations than what I can give

3. Hats

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Krishebble makes some good points.

I won’t bash you, PianoKeys, but I think you misunderstand the significance of people’s gender identity.

One thing I discovered when I started questioning was that it affects every aspect of my life: not just the way I interact with people and my relationships but the way I understand, think about, and handle myself as a person as well. It’s so much more than knowing what my favourite food is or which gender stereotypes I subscribe to. It’s literally the first thing people need to know about me because it is the foundation on which both they and I will build an understanding of who I am. That may not be of direct interest to the Government, but recognition of my gender identity as real and valid makes it harder for other people to dismiss it, and by extension the reality of my experiences as a genderfluid person.

You mentioned that it’s an invisible thing like someone’s sexual orientation. I think it can be but I don’t think that’s always the case. I can only speak for myself; perhaps some of the other fluid people here would have different perspectives. For me, though, I know I can’t hide it. Who people are inside finds ways to break out of the walls we put up and the more I let myself be who I am the more apparent that is. And hiding myself because other people won’t believe or accept me is really uncomfortable.

Also as someone in a non-binary trans relationship, I can say that the world is different for my partner and I. We actually reached a point a few weeks back where we realised we were trying to create a cis het dynamic which was simply not working. Not only that, it was making both of us unhappy because the relationship felt forced.

Finally, being on the outside of a norm allows you to see the way the norm works more easily than someone who conforms to that norm. I would love to be able to talk openly about the way in which gender works, but this is much harder for me if I can’t be sure that my gender identity will be accepted.

#23 Hats, Mar 23, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2017