1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gender Disassociation

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by Jose Carioca, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Jose Carioca

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sometimes I feel like I'm not a guy if that makes sense. Not that I want to be female. I imagine that being very different, but that I am genderless. It's like I don't have a gender at all. It's very weird. Most of the time I feel like a guy but sometimes it feels like I don't even belong or associate with a gender. It's really weird. It's different from being asexual, I think, because I'm still attracted, but I feel as if I am neutral in regards to my gender. It might just be that I reject the cultural norms that are set up...

Has anyone else had this sort of feeling?

2. toaster

No but maybe you are confuse at certain times?

3. Ben

Ben

I feel exactly the same way. I'm not keen on being either male or female. I used to think "I don't want to be male therefore I want to be female", but honestly I think I would be just as uncomfortable being a girl as being a guy. So I'm in some weird grey area, the same as you it seems.
    Actually I joined a transgender support forum to see if they could offer an insight on how I felt. The response? I got nothing substantial. The one person who didn't say "well this is interesting I'll like to see what people say about this" just said that I should accept it and keep on as I am. But what I gained from my one or two posts there was the feeling that these people always knew they were of the opposite gender and acted accordingly. I do not feel like I am a member of the opposite sex.
    So I inferred that I might as well stay male, but not let myself get sucked into any gender stereotypes that I don't feel the need to fit into. It's just more simple that way.
    Even if I would like to identify as "without/outside gender" or whatever, it's just easier to plonk myself in the "male" box. Because to most people, male = penis.

4. laur

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    HELP! I feel i'm disembodied (disassociated?) from my physical gender. I don't feel I have a physical gender identity at all. Im TS, former male, and felt strong negative feelings towards my genitals and beard before. However, after operation, I still feel disassociated to my physical gender identity (female). The negative feelings is not as strong as those I had towards the male organs. In stead I feel I don't have a physical gender identity whatsoever. Anybody with similar experiences? I'm desperate!

#4 laur, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2010
  5. Pseudojim

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    yeah i don't feel like a man. but nor do i feel like a woman. I'm somewhere in the middle.

you're not alone =)

6. Pendrin2020

I can identify. There are times during sex or masturbation where I picture myself having different genitals like that's the way it's supposed to be.

There are also times around men when I feel EXTREMELY different from all the other guys, but I honestly think it's cuz I don't play the macho game and they don't take me seriously enough to play because of my orientation. I'm not excluded, but I'm also not ''in''. Does that make any sense?

Women? That's a whole different set of organs, and it's also usually a level of social interaction that's more or less constant... I can't keep up with them! Lol.