1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gc2b binder help, please. Please read and answer quickly

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by ErickWolf, Oct 10, 2018.

1. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey,

Since no one is replying to the Binding Resources thread, I decided to make a specific thread here in hopes that I can get a quick answer. I'm going to hopefully order a gc2b binder soon, but I need to know what the packaging will look like. I'll be ordering it using AmazonPay - will it come in Amazon packaging? I'm not going to risk trying to find it on Amazon because I don't want to end up with some knock-off brand. Also, I'm not going to get anything from any brand besides gc2b. My current Underworks one is ok, but it kind of shows under most of my shirts, and gc2b seems overall like the better choice for me. And I mean, it's made by trans people for trans people, not horribly expensive (but not cheap and crappy), and you can even swim in their binders. So I have no reason to order from anyone else. Thank you, whoever answers this; my current binder (gift from a very nice friend, but she can't order another one or else her parents will find out and we'll both be in serious trouble) is doing well for me, but it's kind of old and gross by now, and it shows under a lot of shirts I'd like to be able to wear, so I kind of really need to buy myself a new one as soon as I can. I try to wash it when I can, but that's just not cutting it anymore.

Anyway, tl;dr: If I order a gc2b binder from the gc2b site using AmazonPay, what does the packaging look like (is it Amazon packaging or no)? If not, how inconspicuous is it?

#1 ErickWolf, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  2. Yogiruxpin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hi! I got a binder from this site and it’s one of the best binders I’ve ever gotten. It comes in white packaging (not from amazon) and an invoice inside of it from gc2b. Nobody is gonna know what’s inside of it unless they open it so you won’t have to worry about that. I hope this helps!

ErickWolf likes this.
  3. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just like Yogiruxpin said, the packaging has no indication of the contents inside. Inside the packaging is a small card and sometimes a sticker talking about GC2B but the packaging itself is plain. If you order it from Amazon it will come in Amazon packaging but there will still be no indication as to what it is. The Binder usually comes wrapped in plastic inside the actual packaging itself. Good luck to you! I love GC2B's binders!

#3 ken867, Oct 10, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    ErickWolf likes this.
  4. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thank you! I'll hopefully be able to order mine soon, then. I've gotta figure out sizing (I'm either a small or a medium), but I can probably figure that out on my own. The more urgent matter was the packaging; I didn't want years of keeping it a secret to be blown because of some stupid, obvious packaging. Now that I think about it, the company probably has discreet packaging on purpose, because not every trans person is living on their own or fully out, but you never know. This is a relief!

ken867 likes this.
  5. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm ordering some harmless stuff from amazon first, not only because I want the stuff but also because it's a test run. I asked my mom to remind me to start getting the mail so I can get in the habit before I move out, which isn't entirely a lie. She may or may not suspect, but I'm more worried about if my dad gets the mail than if she gets it. She's not the nosy type, and she's more accepting. Honestly, she probably wouldn't open my mail (she hasn't so far; she just hands it to me if she gets to it first, to make sure I don't accidentally forget it if it arrived earlier than expected), but if she did, she would only do it to be like, "oh hey, your (whatever it is) got here today!" Then bring it to me.

ken867 likes this.
  6. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's great! I'm so happy for you! If you go to the GC2B website they do have a sizing chart/ I only say this because if you don't have the right sizing it won't work correctly and also cause extreme damage to your back. Although you already own a binder so I'm sure you know that. Good luck with your journey bud!

ErickWolf likes this.
  7. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Earlier you mentioned Amazon packaging? Can you please send me the link so I don't accidentally end up at a knockoff company if I try to search it on Amazon? Just so I can be absolutely sure? Thank you again!

8. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can send you the link. If you are worried you can also order directly from the GC2B website which I do recommend since the packaging is just white with nothing on it. I've included the GC2B link for their official website because I couldn't find the binder on Amazon. If they are on Amazon I would assume that they're used. Hope I could be of some help.

https://www.gc2b.co

9. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They said they don't actually sell their binders *on* Amazon, but Amazon Pay is a buying option (thank god!). I'll hopefully order mine soon, and maybe even more than one, provided they come in the same package so I won't have to go thru the stress of trying to track and snag the package before my dad sees it, while risking my limited supply of money, twice.

And thank you; I'll check that out later. For now, I gotta go eat a late lunch before my parents think I'm hibernating or something.

#9 ErickWolf, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    ken867 likes this.
  10. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have ordered three binders at the same time and they all arrived in the same packaging. Good luck!

ErickWolf likes this.
  11. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, the packaging that it comes in does not say what it is for. I've ordered them a few times and they have always come white plastic packages.

ErickWolf likes this.
  12. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok, cool. I've told my parents to remind me to get the mail and let me be the one to get the mail, because for me, it's cool to be able to pick up and open the stuff I order. Which is half true but really not a concern of mine at all lmao, but whatever. I also told mom that I'm ordering a bra and that it'd be a bit awkward if anyone besides me, especially dad, opens it. And the plain packaging is good. I could either just grab it and take it to my room, or casually put it in my backpack and take it to my room, hopefully without issue either way. I'll order them soon, hopefully, just gotta get the sizing worked out. Do they have any way of tracking your order or estimating delivery date (or even just a range of possible days)? I know if I have to, I'll just remind myself to check for mail every day, but of course it'd be better to have some idea of when to look for this specific mail.

ken867 likes this.
  13. ken867

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I believe you can track it but I think they also give you a date when it should arrive.

ErickWolf likes this.
  14. ErickWolf

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ok good, that's a relief. I might order mine tonight if I get around to it, then.