1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LGBT News Gay-Straight Alliance Law Challenge in Court

Discussion in 'Current Events, World News, & LGBT News' started by wickedwitch, Jun 20, 2018.

1. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
  2. Kyrielles

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    First off I want to say that I didn't know this law existed, but then again I'm not Canadian, and well it is Canada so it makes sense. haha. I think it sounds like a great law, which I'd have to read more into the actual law to determine that. So basically the schools want to have access to "out" children is what I've gathered? I feel like to inform a parent of a childs activity because they're in a gay-straight alliance for one is kind of discrimination in the sense of why does it matter? And are straight childrens parents informed or informed about sex ed? It's as if they're letting the parent know so they can approve or not. In my opinion it's a horrible idea. I don't think parents should be informed, because what happens when a parent who doesn't approve is informed? And what happens when a kid who isn't ready or just doesn't know is technically outed to a parent? Not saying it's all negative, in some cases I could see how informing the parent may help a child considering the parent is accepting and knows how to approach it. I also feel that this would deter some children/teens from joining such clubs/alliances which in turn prevents them from gaining useful information. To me the possible negatives outweigh the possible positives, so for the children I hope they don't do this.