1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Republican

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joohhny123, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah, that's pretty much how that all shakes out. As far as Trump being a Democrat goes, the reason I'll never vote for another Republican is because all the Republicans are bowing to Trump's every whim, even though they all hate him they feel this primal need to protect their bloated, orange messiah. And the Bush/Gore recount was just to get people riled up. They've really got to feed into that illusion of choice. Some people still insist Pizzagate was true. I know one guy who says his politics are somewhere far to left of Karl Marx and he was caught up in Hillary Clinton conspiracy theories he claimed he was personally affected by. So I don't know, maybe Hildog really is an evil mastermind who did things like order the murder of Jeffrey Epstein. But no, I don't really believe voting works. I just do it so I can complain to people who say "if you don't vote you don't get to complain."

2. Unsure77

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Here's the thing about Pizzagate and all of that garbage. The Republicans had control of the House, the Senate, and the Presidency. They could have investigated that. They didn't. They had a huuuuuge investigation about Benghazi....had huge hearings. What did it turn up? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. In the 90's the GOP had huuuuge investigations about the Clintons. Spent years and millions of dollars doing it. Had endless resources. What did it turn up? An affair with an intern. That's what they turned up.

Meanwhile, Democrats investigated Richard Nixon and you know what? He turned out to be guilty as hell. Lawyers from his team said he was guilty as hell. People went to prison. REPUBLICANS fired up an investigation about Trump and his campaign. What did they find? Well, Trump's lawyer, his campaign manager, his deputy campaign manager, his national security advisor, and now Roger Stone (his friend of decades) are all now convicted felons. His other personal lawyer is going to be (it sounds like) indicted any time now. And half his staff has spent the last week telling us he's guilty as hell in a different scandal.

When you look at lists from recent presidential administrations of people who wound up in prison...let's just say it's a little lopsided.

See a pattern here? Republicans like to drum up conspiracy theories, but they have a MUUUUCH worse track record of corruption in their administrations.

#22 Unsure77, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  3. Benway

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    While you're right about the general scheme of things, Republicans still keep up the charade that we should vote for them like it makes any difference. They control what, 70, 80 percent of the government right now? Let's examine it a little bit more. Someone will tell you that George H.W. Bush got something like 54 percent of the vote, but you need to take the underaged, the overaged, the incarcerated, people too sick to get to the polls, so the number's something more like 35 percent, what's 35 percent of 54 percent, what is that, 18 percent? One day it's going to dawn on everybody that this large, non-voting majority has been winning every election in this country for the past century and everyone's too lazy or better yet too afraid to do anything about it.

#23 Benway, Nov 21, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2019
  4. DirectionNorth

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I can't like posts on this kind of thread, but i do like this post