1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay podcasts?

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by quadratic, Sep 9, 2020.

1. quadratic

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    As an older (60) and recently out gay man, I'm busily enculturating myself during the current lockdown by exploring gay media, and I've been poking about in the wonderful world of podcasts. There are several different sorts. First you have the sex/lifestyle ones, such as "Talk About Gay Sex" with Steve Rodriguez, which are enjoyable, but also sort of annoying: the hosts are having such fun, and seem so "with it", they seem to be speaking for a younger audience. Then you have podcasts for the older man, which (as far as I can tell) seem to be full of tips about managing prostate enlargement, hearing aids, and other delights of growing older.

There doesn't seem to be much in the middle ground - for the guy getting on a bit, who hasn't hung up his boots yet, who isn't afraid of a good old romp with a like-minded feller, but who isn't really interested in pop-culture, bars, dance parties etc.

Or am I missing the obvious? Recommend me a good gay podcast, for the sexually active older gay man, who doesn't have (or is interested in) a perfect buff body, who is happy in his own skin, and who would rather have a good whisk(e)y at home than a fancy cocktail in a noisy bar.