1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay panic this weekend got me questioning

Discussion in 'The Welcome Lounge' started by Hermess, Feb 14, 2023.

1. Hermess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey guys, new person here

I had a full blown ✨gay panic✨ this weekend with one of my girl friend, so I’m just here trying to figure out what is going on and looking for advice on how to deal with this! :slight_smile:

I’m looking forward to reading you all and learn more about your experiences :slight_smile:

2. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi welcome whats the gay panic ?

3. Hermess

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    hi, I’ve seen many queer people use “gay panic” to refer to their own feelings of panic related to their sexuality, usually occuring when someone is experiencing intense emotions around a queer crush, LGBTQ+ culture, attractive celebrities, or other queer subjects - I relate to that as I was totally mind blown (in a good way) by the situation

4. Jakebusman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've had that before

5. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hermess..... Hello and a great big LGBTQIA+ welcome to Empty Closets! :old_smile: I can remember the first post that I made on EC. I was desperate for help and I got the help that night that I so needed. I hope that we can help you in the same way that I received help. The most important thing to remember about Empty Closets is that we do care about you! We're very glad that you found us here on EC and hope that we can answer questions, give you support and provide a place to vent (as long as it's not violent!) :old_big_grin: when that becomes necessary!

*****There are 18 different sub-forums here that you can check out and join in the conversations or start your own thread/conversation. In particular you may want to check out the forum that is titled "Sexual Orientation”, there are people there who have dealt with some of the same kind of issues that could be challenging you. It can be a little on the "panic" side of things when you realize that you might be having feelings that are different than what you are used to having. Especially if they are toward a friend who is the same gender. Things like this happen and they are not necessarily bad. :old_smile: Sometimes it's just a thing that we have to adjust to, sometimes it's something that's not permanent. It's probably best to take a deep breath and go with the flow for a while. See where this takes you. You don't have to take any direct action on those feelings right away...just let them be and see where they lead you. You may want to avoid sharing them with your friend for a while until you are more sure as to what they may mean. Keep us posted on how this goes...we really do want to help in any way that we can! :old_wink:

Some info on how to navigate EC:
    When you have made at least 10 posts on various threads you will be able to post messages on a member's Profile Page. Just click on a member's Avatar Picture and then click on "Profile Page" in the dialogue box that pops up. You'll then be on their Profile Page and there will be a box that says: "Write Something" When you have been on EC for a few weeks and have made at least 50 posts on various forums, you can apply for Full Membership. A Full Member can send Private Messages (PM) to other Full Members and share personal contact info. Right now you can only send a PM to a Staff Member as that is always possible. Here is a quote from the Full Membership information forum: :old_cool:

*****To be eligible you must be a member of Empty Closets for a minimum of two weeks, and have a minimum of 50 posts. These posts must be across numerous forums (Fun & Games does not contribute to post count), and consistently posted across a minimum of two weeks. You wouldn't be eligible, for example, if you registered, had no activity for two weeks, and then returned to post 50 times on your 14th day of membership.

*****Well, as I said, we're very glad you found us! :old_rolleyes: If you have any questions at all, you can always send me a Private Message.

.....David :gay_pride_flag:

6. Incoming

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm 100 percent gay, but sometimes I experience a "straight panic", LOL.

Occasionally I see women on TV* who are so beautiful that I want to be with them - just to look them in the eye as they talk, hear their voices, and maybe caress them. I start getting romantic and even sexual thoughts, which is pretty rare for me. Not necessarily intercourse, but cuddling naked in bed, for example, and maybe some light oral sex. Yet I do *not* feel bisexual at all.

And who knows, if they were actually in front of me, I might lose the erotic interest, and just see them as incredibly glamorous people.

Years ago when this happened, I would feel deeply afraid, like this threatened by gay identity and made me a stranger to myself.

But now I just accept it as one of the mysteries that makes life more interesting !

( * Here's a recent example - Lilli Kay, from "Yellowstone" and "Your Honor"
    https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3188162/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t8 )

7. Bludzee

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi, welcome to empty closet !
    I often have gay panic. In middle school I used to think it was just how everyone react in front of pretty girl, I'm a little slow on the uptake lol.
    I don't really have a methode to deal with it, I just go with it. Sometimes in school I do math to think of something else but it's not really possible in your case. Sorry, I can't really help you on that.

8. SooooConfused

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm panicking a lot myself lately because I'm coming to terms with being a trans woman

9. Searching2022

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This just happened to me the other day, I began to panic/worry that I might be 'turning bi' or starting to like women.