1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay is a gender

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Defect, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Defect

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Apparrently in my country, most people see sexual orientation, gender and sex as the same thing. Everytime someone famous comes out as gay, the media will run headline "X reveals his true gender!". A gay man is the same as a transwoman. A straight man in a relationship with a transwoman is gay. No wonder stereotypes are so rampant. Even worse, some gay people also use the word gender to describe their sexual orientation.

Some 'real men like women' bollocks. Get on with the program already..

2. Destin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This surprises me - I always heard the nordic countries like Finland were super accepting of gay people and understood things like that.

3. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Defect.....That is pretty surprising to me. With so much press all the time on that subject I find it odd that a country that has been so LGBTQ accepting is confusing terminology that way. It's difficult enough with so much of the straight world having a fit over the fact that there are more than two genders. I do hope it gets straightened (lol :old_rolleyes: ) out soon! :old_smile:
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: