1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay: In Retrospect

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by greatwhale, Apr 30, 2014.

1. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I was obsessed with Men's Fitness magazines but for reasons other than actually trying to become fit. :grin:

2. Ghost93

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I never actually got a boner from seeing a hot girl. Yet during my late elementary school years/middle school years I would tend to get a boner whenever I saw a muscular man with a shirt off.

As a kid, I was more attracted to Aladdin than Jasmine.

I get more excited about the Oscars than the Superbowl.

3. tulipinacup

I was willing to be Pink Ranger when we were to play Power Rangers back when I was in preschool.

4. Tetra

I used to have a bucketload of barbies that my mom handed down from her childhood. I plucked the arms off of some of them, and they sat there and collected dust until she gave them to someone else.
    I cried in third grade when I had to wear a dress to a wedding.
    I constantly chose my clothes from the boy's section.
    I played video games from first grade onwards
    I wore my hair in a ponytail from third grade until twelfth grade (yes, EVERY single day) until I cut it off in my first semester of university.
    I have worn makeup twice. Grade 9 graduation, and grade 12. Hated it both times.

5. Randy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    um...let's see

1) I was SUPER eager to participate in performing arts
    2) After I got in trouble for my supposed boob touching, my mom asked me how it felt to me and I said "Like a man's" (Don't know if that's gay or not, but it is pretty damn gay to me xD)
    3) My liking was split between pink and blue after I saw the color pink
    4) Get boners from looking at men
    5) Girl possee

Looking at this, I was pretty oblivious...

6. CyclingFan

Number 4 is a bit of a tell...

7. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Me!!!. I'm reeeeaaally nerdy. Can't put on make-up, could never wear high heels, laughed at myself in anything lace, although I loved it, and have never forgotten how my girlie best friend (at eleven) could hug. I'm constantly told I'm very feminine nonetheless, and I'm about as far from 'dykey' (is that a word heheh), as one could be. But I'm pretty damn good with a socket set :lol:

And one more thing. I always wished I was a gay guy . . . Yep. Haven't figured that one out yet lol.

Thanks all, this thread makes me :lol:

8. bottomsup

Ha! Part of.me has always wanted to be a gay woman! (or just a woman would do, but always wanted to feel it.. )
    One step first I think!

9. Sig

Sig

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Oooooh So, not completely off the wall then? :lol:

10. Brave Prince

What a grey thread GW. I always want to sit over tea with you. I'm a talker, but I think listening to you would be lovely.

1). So, how did I end up married with kids? Most my childhood friendships ended with the 'I don't want to be known as the gay kids best friend' line. I also had NO birds and bees talk, ever, but countless 'it's ok to be whoever you are' talks (for the record, they should have been 'who you are' talks).

2) favorite colors; aqua, salmon, lavender.

3) All cartoons were about men in tights, period. And sports to; the only exception was figure skating, which is just damn beautiful.

4) I have always had a large collection of unique, small, beautiful stuffed animals.

5) I looked really hot in my mother's clothes. Better than her for sure.

6) I danced better than most the girls on my school.

7) Sewing! So many hand made creations. Does anyone remember pickled people? I gave the whole family those for x-mas one year.

8) I lost my best friend, who I was crushing on, because I told the girl he had a crush on he was gay (to ward her off; major backfire).

9) loved the exposure dares in truth or dare. The guys were usually hard!

10) I avoided locker rooms like the plague. Between my staring and my near hard on, I feared getting caught.

For a maybe bisexual, I know I'm lean gay here. But I was raised by women who tried to make me gayer than I am. Honestly, I regret the lack of a male figure. It would have been nice have some sexy woman images burned into my psyche too.

11. Brave Prince

What a grey thread GW. I always want to sit over tea with you. I'm a talker, but I think listening to you would be lovely.

1). So, how did I end up married with kids? Most my childhood friendships ended with the 'I don't want to be known as the gay kids best friend' line. I also had NO birds and bees talk, ever, but countless 'it's ok to be whoever you are' talks (for the record, they should have been 'who you are' talks).

2) favorite colors; aqua, salmon, lavender.

3) All cartoons were about men in tights, period. And sports to; the only exception was figure skating, which is just damn beautiful.

4) I have always had a large collection of unique, small, beautiful stuffed animals.

5) I looked really hot in my mother's clothes. Better than her for sure.

6) I danced better than most the girls on my school.

7) Sewing! So many hand made creations. Does anyone remember pickled people? I gave the whole family those for x-mas one year.

8) I lost my best friend, who I was crushing on, because I told the girl he had a crush on he was gay (to ward her off; major backfire).

9) loved the exposure dares in truth or dare. The guys were usually hard!

10) I avoided locker rooms like the plague. Between my staring and my near hard on, I feared getting caught.

For a maybe bisexual, I know I'm lean gay here. But I was raised by women who tried to make me gayer than I am. Honestly, I regret the lack of a male figure. It would have been nice have some sexy woman images burned into my psyche too.

12. bottomsup

not off the wall atall if I get your drift ok there.
    I need to do some dressing up nights somehow.
    If I go down on the wife, (rare) I tellyself its ok, im a lesbian and she is my girl, but wait im a bloke...
    I just want to make myself really pretty, and ass as inviting as possible, I want guys to be squirming in their pants at me...
    Think I need to let it all out, then relax a bit... Been bottled up way to long, but yes, deffo a part of me.
    Was thinking id get this acceptance and all that over with, splituo and move on,, and then see how I felt, in case all just from to much pressure...
    The day I wore makeup into work was electrifying, by the end of the week we were having a divorce, and neither of is ready for that, so will keep it holstered for now.
    The wife does a great bit of makeup on me thou, would love to do a drag rave night somewhere....living room works:slight_smile:

13. Electra

Loving the diversity… BUT some gay people are also very gender conforming and have no inkling or tendencies to act out sub-consciously or consciously roles of the opposite gender to their biological one. How hard is that to reconcile?? Love soccer and cars and man things, but still fancy men (yet gay man). Love make up and girlie stuff but still fancy women (yet lesbian). The rainbow flag means just that…
    Oh but p.s I did get my 'action men' to have little soap opera dramas with the some barbie dolls I had somehow acquired - rather than just blowing each other up!! And I do hate soccer and all competitive sports.. ha ha xxx