1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay: In Retrospect

Discussion in 'LGBT Later in Life' started by greatwhale, Apr 30, 2014.

1. CyclingFan

Getting my 4th(?) grade teacher to play the "sound of music" soundtrack?

2. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh Lex, Lex! This is such a priceless memory...and so *very* gay...thank you so much for sharing it!

Life-long fan of the color purple here (and by association, the flavor grape, including and especially in Bubble Yum).

Bisexual-specific tells? Always been indecisive when given any pair of choices. I enjoyed both the steak and the seafood (both the steak and the grilled chicken salad, for that matter). And a tendency to form deep friendships with both boys and girls, of course.

As an adult, I consider my appreciation for Bass Ale (the bisexual woman's beer of choice) and for gin (the bisexual woman's liquor of choice) to be quite significant *smile*.

3. CyclingFan

Not sure how old, elementary school though. Me skipping around the driveway saying "I'm a fairy, I'm a fairy!" Mom was displeased. I had no idea what she was talking about. I was just having fun.

Who doesn't want to have fun?

4. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :roflmao:

5. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just remembered...when I was 18, I spent a couple of semesters in professional theatre school. I remember being just a little too good in the jazz dancing class ("oooh look how he can point his toes!")...

6. NekoBasu

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Found my brothers playboy stash when I was 6 when looking for his lego, that was pretty exiting. I kept sneaking back for more looks whenever he was out.

I always hated girl toys like dolls and stuff, but I did have a few barbies for a brief period and used to dress them in ways that their boobs would be uncovered which was pretty erotic to me at the time.

Way preferred lego, toy cars, and gaming.

Total messy child. The garden flowerbed was my kingdom and I used to dig holes and get covered in mud and dirt. I also used to play in building sites around my neighbourhood. It was awesome.

Rejected all things pink and feminine when I entered my teens (not any more though). I used to wear clothes from the guys section of the surf/skate shop, so much so that my older brother would borrow my clothes from time to time.

Any time there was a TV show on that would show female nudity I would sneak up to my brothers room if he was out to watch it.

7. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I was 13 a neighbour noticed that I was, erm, perusing her copy of Playgirl magazine...some really sexy pictures of guys *in flagrante* she remarked to my mother that I could be gay...my mother anxiously denied it..

8. greyskye

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I always played with GIJoes, Transformers, and Voltron. I hated Barbies. When my cousins, brother, and I played outside, it was always army games or Star Wars, I was Luke, and when we became infatuated with the movie Grease and took nicknames, I was Kenickie because he was the coolest and he had a flame thrower for a cigarette lighter.

I loved taking things apart to see how they worked and I loved building things as well. I convinced my cousins to build a fort behind my aunt's house with scrap wood and rope that lasted most of one summer.

In movies or books, I never identified with the stereotypical lead female who wanted to get the guy. I quickly lost patience with those stories and gravitated toward reading sci-fi and horror novels when most of my female peers were still reading Sweet Valley High.

9. allnewtome

Funny that was what I was like with my G.I Joes and wrestling action figures. They'd go to war then get it on lol.

10. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Did you say (as men who read Playboy sometimes say): "I was just reading the articles!"

:lol:

11. Munyal

It is never wrong to want to watch Stargate!

Maybe when I wore my sister's dress up Cinderella outfit, but that was to test its parachuting capabilities (results: inconclusive), or how I was the only guy who tried in my theater class in grade 7. Ooh! I thought I just thought this guy was cool, but one can only look at another person's pecs for so long without any realizations.

12. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes! Right!...The articles...hm-hm :rolle:

13. Corwin

Ditto... I was totally engrossed by the U.S. Men's Gymnastics team's success in the '84 Olympics. Of course, I wasn't gay back then, just jealous of their bodies and skills.

Yeah, right... ;-)

14. StellarJ1

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    When I was little, I was pretty good at basketball. I tried out for the freshman team, and it was an all-boys school. I became really uncoordinated and felt "out-of-body", which I always attributed to nerves or something. I didn't make the team, and my bestfriend made it and I was just as good as him. Now I finally realize that my brain and body were totally distancing themselves from one another.

15. bottomsup

Memories resurfacing over the last while (this post brought some back):
    Seeing the first man cock, at the age of like six or something, at the toilets at the local fair one year. I was having a pee, and could (naturaly) not help seeing the grown members alongside me, my eyes popped at the size of the nearest one, his owner (some farmer) said something like , "youl grow up to have one like this", I cant remember my reply, think I stammered something and left, but have never forgotten that. Thinking the other night, and remembered that I was in love with a boy at school, nothing ever happened, we fell out, the gay word was mentioned, and he started to hang out with a newcomer to the school rather than me as id hoped. It was a small school, and they used to gang up on me, (he, his bro, and the newcomer) and I was not included in their gang crap. When we left to go to high school, he said to me not to hang with him, etc which I never did. (im 6"3 gl) .
    Thinking back now, I was totally in puppy love, the tw#t. Anyhow, I never knew it.
    The next time I saw a member, was with a few mates, aget 16, tripping most likley, when the showoff among us has a piss next to us all waving his massivean meat about, jeepers, the effort it took to stop myself from going down on him right there and then in front of all, that sent me spinning into a massive paranoia about it all, and life spiraled big from then on...
    Recently told him over the phone, this is like 23 bloody years later. He sais he is as straight as a nut, but I know he's mine if I tried, he is massive, andi would have said to him in the oast, but worry about indescreet.. Was not ready to be out then, but now I have 4 kids, its ok lol!
    Anyhow, witterong now, tequila kicking in..
    Status: 100 % out to myself, but still fighting a few personality pages within, out to wife, but we doing good now, decision is we stick it out if we can, fun tines to come:slight_smile: she is fantastick, and is my rock, solid ground, keeps me mentally stable! (sorry if not flattering my love) I have a million more things to say, im a deep thinker, and talk when lubricated!
    Love you all and the world in general, fight the good fight, be true to yourself, be compasionate and kind, and take your time, and give yourself time to adjust to this massive life change. Embrace the calm, the inner freedom, the release of all the never ending inner battles.. At least for a while:slight_smile:

16. TheStormInside

At around age 13, declaring to my mother and a video clerk, who were saying something about relationships, that I never wanted to get married- and getting the response "Oh, looks like you have a little lesbian." :lol:

#56 TheStormInside, May 27, 2014
    Last edited: May 27, 2014
  17. calgary

Haha Looking back I had a few gay tells. A few of my favourite

1) When I was 6 isn I hated getting invited to guys birthday parties because I knew we would have to play road hockey at some point. At one I remember refusing and staying inside with my friends mom who was cooking.

2) In highschool I was having a few drinks and watching Blow (the movie) read into that what you want. But in one scene Jonny Depp is taken to South America. He was wearing a jacket and turtle neck so I mentioned how odd it is he would be dressed for winter in South America. (missed the scene where the trip was unplanned) Unfortunately I worded it "I can't believe he is wearing that" lol There was a lot of high pitch trying to explain my comments. "the weather because of the weather"

3) In high school there was a group of us that worked together at a gas station that were all friends. As part of our comedy act we decided we were going to form a boy band. Our title song would be it's raining men lol. What made it so funny is my friends were bigger guys on the foot ball team. We still joke about our boy band when we got together. We were going to have a reunion tour called "the night the boys came out" lol

18. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am guilty of both of these! :lol: In my case, I was trying to kiss the girl, and she'd say, "But I'm not a boy!!!"

I eventually gave up on this girl and and found another one, and was basically like, "We should make out. For practice, for when we're older." And she went along with it! I was like, nine years old...

19. calgary

Also, When I was little loved to go over to my cousins house because she had a fisher price kitchen that we could play house with while my brothers played video games. Ironically I hated when my parents would make me help with the real dishes at home.

20. Peacemaker

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    lol you too, the playing with sisters dolls:icon_bigg