1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

gay guys kissing straight girls?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dreamcatcher, Jul 15, 2012.

1. dreamcatcher

So yesterday I went to my first gay club(!) and it was pretty fun and awesome! But I also noticed this weird phenomena of gay guys kissing straight girls. How do I know they were gay? Well some of them were clearly there with their boyfriends and yet they were still kissing some of their female friends and dancing... well kinda provocatively. Some of them you could definitely just tell as it was pretty obvious. And then, the kicker, I was with my gay friend's straight female friend and we were talking to a couple of gay guys. One of the guys was really friendly and then he suddenly said "Omg, you're so pretty girl give me a kiss!" And well, he puckered his lips to give me a kiss and so I awkwardly went for the cheek instead :lol: (I was totally read as a straight girl but I'm not suprised at all. No one ever thinks I'm gay.)

So yeah, do any of you gentlemen do this? Is this common or is it just I happened to run into a bunch of super friendly gay guys lol? I just thought it was interesting and so did one of the friends I was with. Just felt like sharing this observation with you guys :slight_smile:

2. IrisM

Well, to be fair they could easily have been Bi. o-o

3. Kerze

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never understood it, but I've noticed it as well. Some of the gay guys I know are obsessed with boobs, which is something that I have no interest in and find a little weird that they do.

4. dreamcatcher

Iris- Oh yeah, I totally forgot to mention I thought they could be bi too but I just feel like it was happening way too often there and usually the number of gay men outnumber the number of bisexual men. So maybe some of them were but I doubt all of them were. (And I know the guy that was gonna give me that kiss was definitely gay)

5. Catkin

I can actually top that in weirdness. One of my male friends (who is definitely gay and not bi) occasionally slept with one of my female friends (who is bi but leans way more towards girls) for a while after they both came out. They seemed to view it more as a sort of ridiculously advanced form of masturbation though. Confused the heck out of all of us; one theory someone came up with was that it was a by-product of them both pretending to be straight for so long, that they weren't entirely comfortable and part of them was still trying to keep up the pretence. And as for gay guys kissing girls, I see that all the time. One of my friends is really camp and very touchy-feely with girls. I think it might just be that he is naturally a very affectionate person, and since it doesn't mean anything for him, he is more relaxed about kissing or hugging girls. (Which could possibly apply to the guys you were talking about).

6. GingerGuy

Curiosity and experimenting are common in adolescence. The gay guys you talk about could be alright with kissing girls, but would not want to have sex or start a relationship with them being given the chance. I have kissed a straight girl in a kissing game, and do not think it was bad or regret it at all.

7. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't kissed a woman yet, but I can't imagine how it would be different than kissing a clean-shaven man. I can understand why some gay men might want to kiss women. The only thing is that I sort of worry that's not fair to them...

8. IrisM

Well in some countries kisses like that are merely polite greeting. I suppose they could just be being affectionate. I'm the sort of person who wouldn't like that though, myself. Not because it's bad, but because I'm rather trying to save my first kiss for someone special. ^^