1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay guy... but fantasizing about being a lesbian...?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by charmpeach, May 13, 2018.

1. charmpeach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know this is a really weird topic to talk about I guess? but I've always known I'm gay. I've had crushes on boy and felt the need to cuddle with them, been turned on by the thought of sex and I've tried some things out. I can't say I feel too comfortable in my own sexuality though, guys intimidate me, they give me bad vibes or like they're going to hurt me or they're too aggressive.

Nevertheless, I have some "lesbian" thoughts lately. Like I want to be female and be with a girl, I find the thought relaxing, but I don't identify as female or even like females... Yet I don't know why the thought or fantasy keeps coming back, of being a woman and being with another woman. (I don't see myself as being with a woman and being with a man, I feel turned off by being with the opposite sex of my body if that makes sense?)

I've told my therapist about this and he said it might just be me yearning about some "feminine kind of love" since men my age (21) are mostly into sex and they don't give you the kind of love and caring that I (a feminine guy) may crave. What do you think? I've been feeling really weird about it lately...

2. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, what's up

Not sure that this is similar in any way but if it makes you feel any better..
    I'm a lesbian, but in my mind I picture myself as a man most of the time.

And when I fantasize (i like guy-on-guy tmi) I often catch myself as a dude. It's crazy, but it doesn't make me uncomfortable.

I identify as a cis woman and don't plan on doing otherwise. I guess it's just the way my brain likes to work Haha

And who says it's permanent?

3. AmIBiorGay

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I have actually seen thus before, with trans people who first identify as gay, then transition and identify as straight but become gay again e.g. attracted to the same gender. This particularly happens with trans women who eventually realize they were mainly into men because it made them feel feminine, not because they were actually attracted, but they don't discover this until their gender dysphoria is removed. Does this seem like something you may be going through? Do you experience grnder dysphoria?

4. charmpeach

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks for the replies guys!

I have never thought about feeling trans, or a woman. And I do identify as a man, a feminine one that is. I do get aroused by gay couples. I don't feel any body reaction when watching lesbian couples. However idk, gays can be kind of rough, especially with someone like me I guess so that adding to the fact that boys do make me back off a little (I've had really really bad experiences with men including bullying) could possibly cause my fantasy? In a way, I don't have to deal with boys in my own lesbian fantasy. Idk if that makes sense, but that's what comes to mind. It is weird and I have no idea why they keep coming back but... that's all I can think of

5. scifiname

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'll preface with the fact that I'm not completely sure if I'm bi or a lesbian, but I've had a lot of fantasies of me being a guy who is with a girl. When I think about me being a guy who is with a guy, I get mixed feelings. Sometimes I'm into it, other times it feels weird. I don't know if this clarifies anything (it isn't for me, anyways), but letting you know you're not alone. My roommate told me that she has a lot of gay friends who, if they had been born (and identified as) the opposite gender, they would still be gay (i.e. if a lesbian had been born/identified as a man, he'd be into guys and vice versa). Apparently a lot of gay people feel that way- that it's the gayness, and not necessarily the other person's gender, that plays the biggest factor. As if gay people have a gay temperament or something. I don't know- but you're not alone in questioning/having these fantasies!

6. scifiname

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    ugh okay im responding to my own comment months later to say that, like @Gleek99 , I find that guy/guy turns me on a lot. I love how the OP said he felt "relaxed" when thinking about lesbians, because i feel that way when i think about being a gay man. I have a lot of gender dysphoria (not that I feel like I'm a trans man, it's just that I don't quite feel like a woman, either), but I think that femininity is just painful and hard to ever feel comfortable in.

7. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I think this is more common that people think. People fantasize about all kinds of things. I have fantasized about being a bi man. I'm a bi woman though. It's normal to wonder how others experience things. I've heard even straight men sometimes fantasize about having lesbian sex. People are just naturally curious. You sound normal to me.

beenthrdonetht likes this.
  8. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It also can say something about your sexuality. If you're fantasizing about women together it might mean you're bi. Being turned on by two men together is part of what inspired me to explore my own sexuality.

9. Denial

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a ciswoman and sometimes I think of myself as a man when masturbating but I don't want to be a man. I don't know why but you're not the only one.

10. Danabutton

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have for years fantasized about being a woman (I am not trans)...sometimes I think I was meant to be one but I have a lot of masculine likes; cars, working on building projects, sports, etc....but there’s s part of me that I think alwAys wanted to be female

11. Love4Ever

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I have sometimes wished I were male too. But I'm a woman and happy to be so. I think it's normal to wonder what it's like on the other side of the fence so to speak.

Mihael and Danabutton like this.