1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay God/Matthew Lush

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Connor, Apr 11, 2008.

1. AzThRg0

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    OMG I have hated him forever. He is such a dick. He is telling everyone to be tolerant of gays which i'm 100% for (duh) but he is a total dickhead to people who eat meat. He takes every opportunity he can to rip on and attack meat eaters. He is a loser and a hypocrite. He is anti-hate when he is the one being hated on. He says meat eaters can't commit, can't get hard, have lard asses and a million other things. He sucks in my opinion :tantrum: :tantrum: :tantrum: >_<

2. Ty

Ty Guest

but the word dictionary isn't defined as -

2 ( god) a superhuman being or spirit worshiped as having power over nature or human fortunes; a deity : a moon god | an incarnation of the god Vishnu.
    • an image, idol, animal, or other object worshiped as divine or symbolizing a god.
    • used as a conventional personification of fate : he dialed the number and, the gods relenting, got through at once.
    3 ( god) an adored, admired, or influential person : he has little time for the fashion victims for whom he is a god.
    • a thing accorded the supreme importance appropriate to a god : don't make money your god.

So that MIGHT BE a TINY bit arrogant :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhm yeah... no:

http://veg.ca/content/view/211/110/

If you're vegetarian and you eat healthy, you don't need any supplements. It probably doesn't hurt to take a multivitamin, but you don't need to anymore than someone eating a meat-based diet.

Meat is just one type of food--it's hardly a magic all-curative one.

4. Ty

Ty Guest

[​IMG]

FOOD PYRAMID FTW!

5. dictionary

[​IMG]
    It's called the "food chain"

OH and btw... i dont dislike vegitaians at all... I belive they ae doing a veryry impotant job saving the planet..

6. Bevo

Bevo Guest

I find him opinonated, untactful, hypocritical, utterly irritating and in the words of Martin "hot".

I guess that makes me hypocritical as well.. lol

7. davo-man

I don't know too much about Matthew Lush, apart from the collaboration video he did with Michael Buckley, Chris Chrocker and .... I think there was another one as well. Anyway, it was funny, but from what I've heard of Matthew Lush in particular, he's a bit of a prat.

Onto the topic that I actually have an opinion on: vegetarians or vegans dating non-vegetarians/vegans, as well as vegetarianism in general.

I can definately see why people who are vegetarian or vegan would find it harder to date those who aren't, cos they'd have to cook different meals nearly every night (ie one with meat, one without) so that both are satisfied. Otherwise, I can understand that it might be uncomfortable for a vegetarian to watch their partner eat meat. However, I think that if love is strong enough, two people would find a way to overcome this boundary. If I ever went on a first date with a vegetarian, I would probably order a salmon fillet or salad because eating a steak in front of them probably wouldn't make them very happy, but that's just me

As for vegetarians and vegans, I fully support your decision in your way of life. Sometimes I don't understand some of the vegan guidelines, such as not being allowed to eat honey, eggs or milk, however, as long as it's not hurting anyone, and they are getting enough vitamins to keep them healthy, then all the power to them. What irks me is if a vegan or vegetarian has a big go at me for eating meat. Educate, yes, cram info down my throat, no. Otherwise, do what you want

8. CrimsonThunder

Post of the day! ;D

9. Grof142007

dont be quiet matt is cute and they all know it

ok HE ARROGANT and full of it but I STILL LOVE HIM =) so dont hate

and the food chain i dont eat bats k =)

#29 Grof142007, Apr 12, 2008
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  10. Ty

Ty Guest

Your missing out!

11. Grof142007

Really that fine with me ill even give u my share of bats

12. total mo

total mo Guest

who would actually eat a poodle? thats an effed up food chain. :roflmao:

13. Latinokid

Latinokid Guest

I've been a vegeterian for one month and haven't eating fast food in one month either.

14. sdc91

Haha, I'm sure he'll never get to date a "meat"-eater anyway.

Ugh, I can't stand people like him.

15. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honey, eggs, and milk are all animal products, which is why vegans don't eat them. They're not opposed to animal flesh so much as they're opposed to anything derived from animals.

Not eating honey is usually considered the far end of the vegan spectrum; my vegan friend didn't use to eat it but he now does. Still, essentially the relationship between honey and bees is similar to the relationship between milk and cows in that they're both fluids produced by animals. Do you know that we're the only mammal that continues to drink milk past infancy, much less the milk of another species all together?

Vegans saying no to eggs is really clear to me. If you don't eat the grown animal why would you eat their unfertilised eggs? I mean if you think about what eggs are, it's kinda gross (and I say this as someone who eats them). Hello pre-embryonic chickens... let me slurp you up! :lol:

16. Chaos

I don't care for Matthew Lush. He's a brat.

I don't care for people who pass judgment the way that he does. I pass judgment on him though, but only because he opens himself up to posting his videos on the net. Plus he preaches to people in a condescending manner.

Dude, there are other things to worry about in life other than not eating animals or things that come from animals. Why not cure famine or world hunger? These people who are starving would be thankful to eat meat. Some people don't have a choice on what they get to eat, so criticizing people who eat meat is retarded.

I seen a video where he is "saving a tree" by drinking some random drink. I left a comment on it. "We should save other things such as people. Their are millions of people dieing around the world in 3rd world countries. They are literally starving while you go on about meat being bad for us. Tell that to starving people who don't have a choice between meat or soy products. They can't even grow vegetation in some countries.

So in other words their are bigger things to worry about. Saving trees is a good cause but their is other things worse than dieing trees. Look outside of the picture. "

Someone should tell this "God" that half of the worlds oxygen comes from the oceans.

People shouldn't eat unorganic food, even though food grown in labs is twice the size of any food grown on a farm and could feed entire countries, but he thinks that there is something wrong with them. He is also for starving just to show your parents!

I can't stand him. Did anyone see his coming out video? When he came out his net was taken away for a mere week and that was the end of the world to him. Oh wow, some people are kicked out by their parents. BFD Gay God.

Another beef that I have with him is that he has a beef with fat people. Every insult he throws at you is laced with "fat" or "fatty".

17. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think people need to separate their feelings about Matthew Lush from their feelings and/or understanding about vegetarianism and vegans. Much like everyone wants to point out: "Chris Crocker does not represent all gay people," I can assure you ML does not represent all vegetarians and vegans.

That being said, if everyone were vegetarian or vegan, we'd be a lost closer to curing famine/world hunger because a meat-based diet is one of the most inefficient diets there are, because of how many resources it takes to raise say a pound of beef vs. a pound of vegetables/legumes/whatever. That's why there's not widespread faminine in China--they eat very little meat and a hell of a lot of rice, which you could produce much more of with way less resources. If the Chinese ate as much meat per capita as we do in the West, they'd be facing mass starvation.

But even that isn't the real problem. The real problem with respect to world hunger is not one of supply: we can currently produce enough food to feed everyone in the world. The real issue with world hunger is a distribution problem, not a supply one: there are a lot of political and economic barriers that prevent getting the food there is to the people who need it. Like most "big" problems, the issues are usually not what gets played in the media.

18. sdc91

Not really, because Chinese people don't have a problem eating most parts of an animal. (No, I'm not being culturally insensitive. I'm part-Chinese.)

I mean, when I go out to eat Dim Sum, I see lots of people ordering chicken feet, tripe, and whatnot. Mind you, that's probably because it's Cantonese cuisine.

19. joeyconnick

joeyconnick Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Uhm... I don't really know how to answer that except to say that no, even if we ate each iota of livestock, it would still be massively inefficient per pound than vegetables. Meat is not inefficient just because we eat (generally) only the fleshy parts.

20. HalfInsane

Haha, wow, can't say I've ever heard of this guy till now but he's f***ing obnoxious as hell. I'm actually a vegetarian myself (for over a year now) and I find this kind of commentary really annoying. I end up with everyone assuming that I'm going to be extremely preachy to them and tell the all sorts of disturbing things like how they boil chickens in oil really, really, really slowly because they get bored and like to hear their cries of pain (and yes, that was BS). I appreciate it when people respect my personal beliefs, etc, and so I always try to do the same towards others. The way I see it, how can I ask people to respect my choice to be a vegetarian if I don't respect their choice not to be? I don't know a single person on more than an acquaintance level who's also vegetarian/vegan and I really don't care. It's their life, not mine.