1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay couples holding hands

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Joe2001, Feb 12, 2018.

1. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Try Whole Foods or NYC.

Elsewhere, I don't see it. I think I have seen gay couples, I'm assuming, only they weren't displaying PDA.

I have no idea how I would react if my SO wanted to hold hands with me or show other forms of affection. Though I have been feeling like a new person and very confident of late, I know that in the past I've cared how others think of me. I've feared others thinking badly of me. It's so hard to say. We're long distance right now. If got to see eachother, honestly, I'd probably be so happy that I wouldn't care if someone saw us. But I again, it's hard to say. I haven't been in this situation so therefor I just don't know how I would react.

2. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Also, my lady is a very affectionate person. PDA is bound to happen sometime whether I mind or don't. Lol.
    :couple_ww::blush:

3. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Lol. Amen. No one needs to see all that.

4. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I would think doing it at night more discreet than in the day. It's darker and easier to hide things. But then, I don't live in a city.

5. BadassFrost

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see same sex couples holding hands around Prague from time to time. Especially in the crowded center, it's nothing super unusual. But elsewhere, especially in our countryside, it's almost impossible...

6. BlakeHarmony

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I lived in NS but am from the Prairies too! I remember moving to NS and being astounded by the number of queer couples I saw on the streets. The ridiculously high university student population probably helps too. I'm living in Norway now, and hold hands with my gf all the time. Hand holding isn't that common in general here, but I've not had a single negative reaction. Some people look at us funny, but that might just be me - I'm too Canadian to not smile at everyone, and the Norwegians are generally surprised and confused, and maybe even slightly uncomfortable, when strangers do that, soooo who knows!

7. wickedwitch

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    You just keep smiling at those Norwegians @BlakeHarmony - mess with their heads! LOL

I'd heard this before, that in Norway the idea is "don't bother people" so there's no small talk at bus stops or line-ups or even the dinner table. I guess that would certainly extend to not bothering people who are holding hands with their same-sex partner.

I'm sure if I went there, the 'not smiling' would get to me though - I'd keep wondering what was wrong!