1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Communities and Support Groups - South Africa

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by unlovedman84, Nov 2, 2022.

1. unlovedman84

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Gay Communities and Support Groups - South Africa

Since I joined EC again after a long time I also decided to see if there are local groups or communities to connect with like-minded LGBT people. To my absolute shock there are none apart from the obvious bars and dance clubs (not to mention the online apps).

Now I am starting to wonder if I should not make an effort of it to establish such a club - the very thing I am looking for. A club with a clear and defined mission statement. Something like a LGBT+ Breakfast Club that meets once a month at a cafe or similar eatery.

What's your take on this idea?

2. mnguy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You would be doing a great thing I think. You'd be making the change you want to see in the world like Harvey Milk and other brave pioneers before us. :slight_smile:

3. bsg75apollo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I know somebody in Jo'burg who complains that he can't find anything like that. He lives somewhere in the East Rand, Edenvale, I think.

4. quebec

Moderator Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    That would be a wonderful thing to do! :old_smile: I think you would find that there are many people who would respond favorably to something like that...coming out of the woodwork as it were. Sometimes it just needs someone to be the catalyst to get something like that started then it explodes! I would certainly encourage you to do this. Finding one or two others to help you get it started would be an even better idea.
    .....David :gay_pride_flag: