1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay children's friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Krilky, Jun 14, 2013.

1. Ticklish Fish

I have usually been with female friends idk why..

maybe because i was a bit sheltered and in closet and sex talk and girl talk and sports talk and anime that i haven't watch talk push me away

2. LD579

Actually, as a younger kid, most of my friends were guys. Then, after grade 5, it was about an even split. Once high school started, I was alone for grade 8 and then I had mostly girl friends from grade 9. Now, I still do have mostly girl friends.

3. PurpleRain

Skyrim... I have no life, and enjoy it. :D
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I always make better friends with girls than guys. The only real guy friend I have is my cousin but that's because I've known him my whole life. Other than that my close friends, well pre-girlfriend friends, were all women. I really regret cutting some of the ties that I did because of my ex... :frowning2:

4. AlamoCity

I have an equal number of male and female friends. My best friends are male.

5. Ettina

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When I have any friends at all, they're usually female. I've had male friends, but never very close ones. Unless you count my brother - even though he's eight years younger, he's really close. Way closer than any of my friends.

6. RedMage

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I was friends with both but I connected more with girls as they were more understanding of my social anxiety and quietness. Plus I feel more at ease around girls and can talk to them about anything. That's not to say I don't connect with guys, I have had guy friends but typically we connected over similar interest rather than socializing.

7. Bobbybobby99

Bobbybobby99 Guest

The only guys that I have been friends with in real life are ones that I had crushes on at some point.

8. Aielar

Now, I have more female friends, but when I was younger I had an even balance of male and female friends. My male friends (of which there are two)...well, one is gay and the other is trans, possibly bisexual if I remember correctly.

9. justjade

I hung out with girls when I was in elementary school, but in high and college, I hung out with a lot more guys. My dad would always ask me, "Don't you ever hang out with girls?" It pissed me off a lot. I really like hanging with the boys, going fishing, playing video games, all that. I like to shop alone. I like to go to the bathroom alone. I just don't have a lot in common with girls in general. I don't wear makeup. I don't do my hair. I don't want a makeover or my nails painted. I want to go outside and catch some fish, not stay inside and watch romantic comedies. Girls usually just think I'm crazy or weird. Guys think it's awesome, though.

10. PrinceOfAvalon

Missouri, U.S.A.... in a town no one knows of lol
    Im 16 and in High school... and most of my friends are girls... I have quite a few guy friends, but they are mostly superficial relationships except like 5 or 6, and still my girlfriends and I are closer, because I can actually talk to them about being gay and my life and what not without being awkward at all and feel comfortable

11. Oddish

Oddish Guest

All of my friends were boys when I was growing up, until about year 5 or so.. and then nearly all of my friends were girls and it's been like that since.

I have a couple close male friends but I feel intimidated around them and after I came out as trans, my best guy friend in my drama class seemingly became hesitant about talking to me, but we're alright now, and joke around a lot and stuff. I honestly think he's gay.. or maybe he's extremely effeminate. He's cool though.

It makes me feel aloof that I don't really get on with guys like I do girls, and makes me feel much more feminine and less male and therefore causes some dysphoria or questioning.

12. MtnFr3sh

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Growing up, in my childhood, I had a pretty much equal number of guy friends and girl friends, maybe a few more of them were girls, I don't really remember. I didn't do this, and I'd appreciate if I could have guy friends and not get looks like I'm attracted to them, saying a gay guy can't have guy friends is like saying a straight guy can't have female friends, or the other way around.

13. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had more guy friends than girls, but not by much.

14. vhrebels

vhrebels Guest

I hang out with mostly guys, but I have some friends that are girls too. Actually, now that I think about it, alot of my school friends are girls but just about everyone I hang with after school are guys.

15. Theagonist

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    The vast majority of my Friends are girls, I think I can connect to them more, in a weird explainable way. I do have some guy friends, but most guys think I'm weird.. in which they are right in that thought lol. And as a (n Agnostic-Atheist/Pantheist) Pagan I defiantly prefer female goddesses over male gods, I dunno it just makes more since that way to me. And I like looking a unique female clothing on the internet XD

---------- Post added 14th Jun 2013 at 09:42 PM ----------

and my first friend in kindergarten was a girl

16. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not all gay guys have tons of girls as friends, but it is generally true that if a guy has a million friends who are girls, it's pretty likely he's gay.

As for you and your dad... for you at 17, your dad has no business telling you that you shouldn't have female friends and honestly you should have the friends you want to have not the ones dictated by your parents... at least as far as the sex of your friends go. If you were hanging out with a bunch of losers or druggies then he'd be reasobable to say you shouldn't be hanigng out with them. but girls? No, that's just ridiculous.

17. Unknown5

Unknown5 Guest

I hangout with both boys and girls.

18. maracont

The awkward area between bible belt and large city
    all guys my whole life, but recently afew girls in the mix

19. magic

most of my friends are girls. i just dont really get along with guys as well

20. Capricorn25

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Interestingly enough, mostly girls until puberty hit, and then these girl friends, started into their 'eww boys' phase lol. Then I kinda fell into this group of male friends that were social outcasts in various ways. I wasn't aware I was gay yet and wouldn't until I moved provinces at 16.