1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Games based on movies

Discussion in 'Entertainment and Technology' started by sonic1337111, Jun 8, 2017.

1. sonic1337111

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What are some games which are based on movies that you've played?

2 of mine: Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge (ok it's a sequel but it still counts) and The Italian Job (2001 game based on the 1969 movie)

2. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    X-men Origins: Wolverine, bloody and just fun to play.

3. Sienrar

Unfortunately, most games based on movies aren't very good. However, a lot of Star Wars franchise games are actually pretty good. A favorite of mine is Knights of the Old Republic, though it's not based directly on the movies.

4. Lazuri

I've played a good amount and like all license games, they're pretty much exclusively shit.

5. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I enjoyed the video games for Star Wars Episode III and The Incredibles.

The PC and console adaptions of the Harry Potter movies were okay. They could have been better. The only ones I enjoyed were the games for Deathly Hallows Part One and Part Two.

I played a bit of Finding Nemo on Gamecube and thought it was crap. Robots (based off the Dreamworks movie) was also crap.

I've also played some of the movie-to-Lego video game adaptions, and although they took some artistic liberties, I enjoyed them as well. Especially Lego Harry Potter 1 and 2, Lego Jurassic World, and Lego Star Wars 1, 2, and the Force Awakens.

6. EFC

EFC

Beat me to it, I was gonna say Lego Star Wars! Haven't played many better ones!

7. Dollop

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    The lego movie games are fun think i last played the hobit. But tbh i dont tend to play movie games. They have a bad rep. The one i got more joy out of was power rangers the movie as a kid on mega drive :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

8. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really the only one's I've played that were good were the Lego ones. besides that I only remember playing Rugrats in Paris (which i still own), Finding Nemo, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

9. kibou97

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Really the only one's I've played that were good were the Lego ones. besides that I only remember playing Rugrats in Paris (which i still own), Finding Nemo, and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

10. Hemospectrum

Hemospectrum Guest

I've played Lego Star Wars, Indiana Jones, and Harry Potter. They were okay, but I've played better. I've also played PC Star Wars (decent I guess?), Finding Nemo (crap), and some others (also crap). I've seen the Batman Games and I only like them because of Harley Quinn.

11. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Some of the Spiderman games have been good as well.

12. Lazuri

Only one of them really. Spider-man 2 was fucking boss.

13. BothWaysSecret

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I totally agree! That was the best one. I tried playing the game for The Amazing Spiderman recently, and lost interest after two or three levels.

#13 BothWaysSecret, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  14. Justinian20

I think making a game based on the movie is a bad idea, it doesn't work as well as people would think because you have to follow a storyline and make it seem like you are playing the game. One game that is actually pretty good and fun that incorporates some of the movie into the video game is Star Wars Battlefront(the single player mode, where you fight in battles that were present in the films). Star Wars Battlefront II removed itself from the films and although it was based off the events of the Revenge of the Sith with the player fighting in movie locations, it went off trail into the territory of the transformation into the empire.

So I guess you could technically say Star Wars Battlefront(not the E.A version) is a game based off the movie and it was really fun to play. Star Wars Battlefront II could be added to that grouping.

15. Lazuri

The 501st war journals in Battlefront II were so good. The prequels were shit, but I honestly loved the clone forces; I thought they were great.

16. SomeAverageBoy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    This is a game that was absolutley Panned when it came out but I got it regardless, and had a ton of fun with it
    I'm talking about 007 Legends
    Critics absolutley wrecked this game back in 2012 calling it "a cheap Cod ripoff" it was so bad it was pulled off the Psn and Xbla and three fourths of the game's dev team was fired.
    However back then I was really into James Bond along with my best mate Jim and although the campaign left something to be desired, I remember having a ton of fun with the multiplayer split screen with Jim and his brother, some of my fondest memories with Jim were bringing the game to his house and fire it up on his Play3 (sometimes we would let my younger brother play as well XD)

17. Lazuri

Can't fault that. Back when I was around 15 or so, I had a James Bond phase where I watched through all the movies. Around this time, me and my friends also played a lot of 007 Nightfire. 'Twas a lot of fun.