1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Funniest, Dumbest, weirdest or most Ridiculous injury you have ever had

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Mateo, Sep 13, 2015.

1. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my Tzeentch... where to begin. I've had so many weird injuries. The first that comes to mind is the time I somehow managed to accidentally cut myself on hard plastic wrap that contained a new knife. Another time I was playing field hockey and someone took a shot that hit my leg, bounced off his hockey stick and hit me on almost exactly the same bit of my leg AGAIN.

2. 3n

3n Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    this happened when i was about 2-3 years old. Basically my mom was going to the bathroom, and being a little kid i followed her (don't worry my mom didn't neglect me or anything, i was just being a complete retard XD). She went through the bathroom door, but walked back out for some reason (she forgot why), hitting me in the face with the door. DON'T WORRY I'M FINE NO BRAIN DAMAGE OR ANYTHING (at least that's what i think XD). I ended up with a gash on my forehead and a broken nose. Because i was so young at the time, they couldn't fix my nose (some law about not being able to reconstructive surgery on anything until I'm 18 (i don't know laws are weird in Louisiana)). My nose is still broken to this day and for some odd reason, i have no sense of smell due to it.
    OH SHIT THIS WAS A LONG STORY

---------- Post added 13th Sep 2015 at 10:46 PM ----------

well then, that's one way to lighten up a funeral....
    like seriously, ARE YOU CHUCK NORRIS OR SOME SHIT?

3. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    • Chipped one of the bones in my foot when my horse stepped on it after I dismounted. Took about a week or two to show signs of injury. I didn't know that the bone was chipped, it just felt like a bruise. Then one Monday morning when I got out of bed, I could barely stand on my foot. Doctor took an x-ray and saw that the bone was chipped. Got a couple of days off work obviously.

• Staying on the topic of horses: I had my first fall from a horse a few months after I started riding. I remember it was in late December, 2007 (Hey, that rhymed! Lol). My back went into spasm and my arm and side had what the doctor called "roasties" (grazes).

• Broke my arm during a game of "rugby" with one of my male friends. We played with a pine cone and when he tackled me, I fell on my arm and the next day I had it in plaster, lol. He felt so bad. This was when I was in primary school (not sure what you guys use, middle school maybe?). Anyway, yeah. I wasn't your average girl, lol.

• When I was smaller, probably about 2 or 3, I tripped over our dog and broke my arm. And I used that arm with its plaster on to sort out a bully in kindergarten. I gave him a big ole whack and from that day on, he was one of the most well behaved kids in school, lol.

• Another injury that doesn't really make sense is when I fractured my left ringfinger in a car accident (I was the driver, so the steering wheel probably caused the injury. Still don't know exactly how it happened). Now I have a plate and screws in that finger, and 6 years later, it still hurts from time to time, especially aches during cold weather...

Those are only a few I can think of.

#23 Ruby Dragon, Sep 13, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2015
  4. Oddsocks

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I broke my left wrist as a child because I was playing at being a cat on the living room windowsill...and fell off, straight onto my arm.

I mean, it's more accurate to say I jumped down and completely bungled the jump, but you get the idea! Little me was not a very good cat, I suppose, to fall on their arm instead of their feet.

----

Oh, also I slammed a car door into my own face as I opened it and split my lip this one time. Don't ask me how. It was dark, the car was black, I didn't see the door coming...

#24 Oddsocks, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  5. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was little (and super damn stubborn) I refused to let adults help me push my bike up this really steep hill. I fell and scratched my knee SUPER badly. I still remember it to this day. And when they caught up to me I was already up and had pulled down my trousers to cover the injury and I lied and said nothing happened. By the time we got back home I admitted it and they helped me patch it up. :lol:

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm so so sorry but this needs to happen.
    [YOUTUBE]RCvZ08EgSh0[/YOUTUBE]

I don't have any really crazy injury stories. I did slice my finger up really bad when I was 13. I was helping my parents put up a TV antenna (like a big, tower style one). My dad was on the roof of the trailer pulling it with a rope and my mom and I were pushing/guiding it. My finger got caught between the antenna and the open window and by the time I noticed the window was already in my finger. I had a great deal of fun over the next month or so torturing my friends by lifting up the majority of my fingernail and showing them the underside. :badgrin:

7. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Dropped a rock on my toe again last night. So that is now three times in the last two years that I have dropped something heavy on my big toe, and I'm probably going to lose that nail. Again. :bang:

8. CyanChachki

Most of my injuries where through tripping. Stepping on shoelaces, tripping over my feet or over something in my way.

I've been bitten by a few dogs, none of them where fun. Mostly by dogs that where vicious due to their owners. I've always believed that if you're going to have a dog, then you need to train it to be nice, especially towards kids, because they're the ones that will be pulling at their ears and petting them every chance they get.

I got into a car accident when I was about 2 years old and what happened was I had a toy car in my mouth (hotwheels) and I ended up somehow chewing one of the wheels off and the wire holding the wheel was poking out. When we got into the crash, the wire went through my lip and created a massive scar that I still have to this day.

When I was 4, I ended up getting a head wound from a corner on a counter in a hotel bathroom. My mom told me that what I did was I was spinning myself with a pillow on the bathroom floor (my face in the pillow and my back end in the air) and when I went to sit up, I was super dizzy and ran into the corner of the sink. When my mom called the front desk for first aid, the worker misunderstood, called the hospital and told them that I was dying. So they of course, rushed down and things where completely fine.

When I was 5, my dad had bought me a new bike helmet and I decided to try it by ramming my head into a tree like Cera from Land Before Time (as I described it). I was knocked out for a few second but again, I was fine.

When I was I believe 6, I was in my cousin's basement and he had a skateboard. I stepped onto it, fell forward and chipped my front tooth. From that point on, I was known as "White Fang" lol

Other than that, I've suffered sprained ankles, wrists and fingers through falling.

9. candyjiru

Hmm~ I had to go to the emergency room when I sprained my hand playing frisbee in college XD;;; I'm not the most... sports-inclined person? XD;;; I also cut a huge gap in my head when I was a kid playing tag in a library... I got to have butterfly stitches, which sounded a lot cooler to 6 year-old me than it actually was XD;;;

10. Mateo

I'm pretty sure this thread jinxed you

11. Reciprocal

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was in an air guitar competition in primary school (I was 9 or 10). I jumped up pretty high and landed on a rug, which slid along the floor, knocking me over. I had friction burns all up my back and neck.

Somehow, I still came second.

12. Mateo

A few months ago I chipped the bone in the side of my left hand. I wen't out to lunch with my mom on our lunch break and it was raining so when we left I trotted back to the car to quickly get out of the rain instead of using my umbrella and some how either I bumped my hand of of the corner of the door seal or my umbrella bounced of the door and the handle smacked my hand, either way by the time we got back to work the whole side of my hand was swollen and blue. I couldn't bend my pinky finger from the swelling.

13. Libra Neko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    When I was 8, a boy threw a ball to me and I broke my pinky finger.

14. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Probably. And it's a big rock, too. I use the thing for a doorstopper. :dead:

15. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Last month I stuck my hand in a ceiling fan and got my fingers mangled. Three weeks later, when my fingers were all healed up, I did it again. Same hand, same ceiling fan.

Moral of the story: stay away from sharp, spinning objects while you are still groggy and half-asleep. I woke up alright, but I'll take coffee from now on. Same result, less blood.

#35 RawringSnake, Sep 14, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2015
  16. Awesome

In college in Massachusetts, from Pennsylvania
    Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was cutting into a box with a box cutter for a science project. Suddenly, the knife blade was in my thumb. Then I saw the point of the blade on the other side of my thumb. The bleeding was hard to stop. Luckily, my thumb still works.

A few years later, I cut that same thumb with a band saw. I really should wear thumb armor or something.

17. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Ouch. Reminds me of a former classmate of mine. He was cutting boxes with the blade of the box cutter facing him. Well, the blade slipped and he wound up with a six or seven inch gash in his stomach. It wasn't anything horrendous, but he missed the rest of the day.

Yeah, you probably should. That needs to be a thing. Someone needs to invent that. Something flexible but that nothing can cut through.

18. RawringSnake

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thimbles!

[​IMG]

19. CameronMR

I had a bad cold and coughed so hard I cracked 3 ribs. I used to lie and say I was doing something cool like skateboarding when it happened because it such a lame way to break a bone. lol

20. ThatGuyT

ThatGuyT Guest

While I was in a kindergarten a kid pushed me and I fell on my chin...it split open and bled a lot. Then in grade one I ran around in our house and slipped on a carpet and fell on my chin, it split open and bled a lot again. Then in grade two or three I stood on the back of out VW mini bus and jumped off while it was driving....I fell right on my chin....it split open again and bled a lot again. So I guess it took three split chins to teach me my lesson XD All good things come in threes right?:icon_wink