1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Full Membership (POLL)

Discussion in 'Empty Closets Help and Feedback' started by Methrandir, Jan 9, 2016.

?

Full Membership posts

1. yes its too much

11 vote(s)
    14.5%
  2. no

49 vote(s)
    64.5%
  3. dont really care

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. warthog

If they "return it to 30" if that ever was, i want my 20 posts in change back...

(!)

2. joshvolby

fair enough. it just a period of time whether the admin will grant you full membership also to asses if you are eligible. i think they will also review your thread/s and comment/s to see if you are helpful in EC community.

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It should be more as a safety precaution.

Sure posting on pictures is one thing, but chat room and private messages are the perks to getting full status.

I am very grateful every day to have had the chance to get to know someone from EC due to this message system. But we have to be careful. And EC does a good job with this.

Also full status is like a sort of badge of honor in my opinion to those dedicated to being a member of the community.

4. Foz

Foz Guest

Personally I think it's too low. A rep system would be much better and take demand off the staff team significantly.

5. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The problem with a rep system is it turns into a popularity contest. Given that EC is a support community, the last thing we want is people judging themselves through external vaildation such as likes or reputation points. It's antithetical to the value of building self-worthiness internally.

It also does not prevent the sort of security breaches that our system is designed to protect against. Sadly, other communities have had sexual predators who had perfect "reputations" because they were clever enough to make people like them.