1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM want to pass but can't

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by CatOnMyKeyboard, Aug 8, 2016.

1. CatOnMyKeyboard

I'll be starting my senior year of high school next year and I'd like to try dressing like a man having friends use male pronouns to see if I like it, the problem is I'm a size G and I can't bind because I have rib/spine issues as it is. I'll be taking an aerobics class that will most likely be 90% female and I'm so nervous about it, but I know I need to get into better shape, plus my doctor, therapist, and parents think it would be best for me to get exercise on a regular basis. I agree, I'm just very hesitant about it all. This is all so new to me but the more I think about it, the more I think I'd be more comfortable as a boy. I remember so many times when I'd see a cute skinny boy at school and wish that were me. I just wish I was someone else, that I could start over.

2. SystemGlitch

If you're attempting to lose weight, it's likely that some of it will come off of your chest. I had similar issues in the past, my chest was too large to hide easy and I couldn't afford a good-sized binder (I did buy one but it was too bloody small and I couldn't get a refund/exchange without paying $60 extra...) My chest was a D, I got around it by wearing the baggiest hoodies I could find and training my voice and emphasizing my manliness through mannerisms. As I've lost weight over the past year or so, my chest has gone down to a B and I look flat in very specific shirts that I own.

When people misgender me and it's an apt time to correct them (ie, not if it was the cashier during grocery shopping, but if it was someone in my uni class I would), I just stare at them in confusion and go "I'm... not a girl?" as if the idea of me being even considered as female was ludicrous. Most of the time it works, I've had some people stare at me but no one has ever contested it.

I don't know how helpful this will be, especially as you are questioning and not committed (voice training might not be ideal), but I hope it at least does something. ;w; Passing is hard to do when you are experimenting, but if you have friends who will be decent and not do the ridiculous "I'll call you a man when you are a man" shit, then having a large chest shouldnt influence their support of you while you try to figure out who you are.

3. CatOnMyKeyboard

I really appreciate this advice, thanks! There's a LGBT+ club at my school that I plan on joining.