1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FtM - Sudden Period?

Discussion in 'Physical & Sexual Health' started by Groosenator, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    So I've been on testosterone for almost a year and a half now and I can't remember the last time I've had a period. It's probably been a year, and I am still getting my testosterone shots regularly. But I just went to the bathroom and it looks like I am getting my period suddenly. It's light at the moment but I don't know if it will get heavier like a regular period.

I should probably look into getting a hysterectomy, but in the meantime, is this normal? Have other transguys/people on testosterone suddenly gotten their period this far along? Should I be concerned?

Any advice or people who have similar stories to share are appreciated.

2. Fairybread

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello, I'm not on T yet, but a friend of mine has been for about three years and randomly got one a few months back. It stayed light, though. I believe some bleeding is normal, but is supposed to eventually stop. Hope it's not too bad for you, though!

3. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Some spotting on T is pretty normal. If it becomes heavier though, that is when you should get it checked out by a doctor.

4. Groosenator

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ah good, it's the first time it's happened to me, and yeah it went away after that. It was the day before my shot so I wonder if that had something to do with it...

In any case, thank you for the feedback. I'm glad it's not abnormal. It seems to have stopped now so I won't worry about it for now.