1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM names

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by FlowerBoi, May 11, 2018.

?

Choose a name

1. Cyrus

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  2. Reese (It's abit fenime but i like)

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. Finnian

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  4. Paris

1 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. Malik

3 vote(s)
    18.8%
  6. Daniel

4 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. <None>

2 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. FlowerBoi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I need help with a name (i change my name often but i want a official name)

2. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Daniel is a normal boy's name, but not common enough that there would be several people sharing your name at work/school. Malik, Finnian, and Cyrus are both boys names but i've never known, watched/etc someone with those names. I'll be honest i don't think of Paris as being a boys name - isn't there a celebrity or two woman with that name? That's what i think of when i hear the name anyways. Reese is a very gender neutral name. I've heard it as a boys name before but there was a girl character in a show i liked as a kid with that name too. I mean above all its your choice...there's a name/pronoun practice thread on here and you can also practice introducing yourself in the mirror too. Or if you have supportive friends that know your identity, you can ask them to call you one of the names for a day.

3. EverDeer

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I’d say go with Daniel if you want something that will help you be able to blend in.. there’s something special about having a “different” name but there’s also the anxiety that comes with it like having to explain it to people if they question it or it’s origin or don’t know how to pronounce it, or if they question your gender or question if it’s a chosen name if it’s a little too “out there”... so, while a “special” name can make you feel like a true individual, so can a more “normal” name because it allows your name to be a blank slate that you can attribute whoever you are to.

Other than that, Cyrus is actually my favorite, it’s uncommon but feels well founded, pretty, sort of mysterious, but still masculine. I’ve heard of Malaki before but never just Malik so that feels a bit odd.... Paris and Reese both read very feminine to me. Also, I’ve heard Finnigan before but never Finnian.. that one isn’t odd but just be careful you might get people asking if it’s actually Finnigan unless you’re just going by Finn all the time....

4. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Cyrus owns pretty hard.

Byron is a good name too if that's on the radar.

5. Miaplacidus

Montevideo, Uruguay / Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm cis, so I might be a little bit (well, a lot) out of touch with trans-related issues, but, I've always wondered why trans people seem to choose, uh, uncommon names so often. If I were trans, I think I'd adopt a pretty standard female name.

In this corner of the world, there are names, that while uncommon for, say, cis women, have been adopted so often by trans women that they are seen as trans names. Think Britney.

Now, back to your question, I very much like the name Lucas, but it's probably alien to you (my native language is Spanish)

6. AlexJames

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i see your point. I agree. Some names end up being 'trans names' cause they're picked so often (why idk). I like normal boys names, which is why my fav idea of this boy's is Daniel. You stand out enough just being trans, why stand out even more with your name? That's my perspective anyways. There are plenty of normal boys names that will allow you to have a standard boys name without being one of like five in your class. Like Hayden is a normal boys name, but i've only known one guy with that name.

Aberrance likes this.
  7. RainbowGreen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Out of your list, I like Cyrus and Daniel.

I never really heard of the other ones, tbh.

8. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Personally I like city names so Paris is my favorite. Cyrus has a good ring, the name Silas is another good one if you're taking suggestions.

It depends what you're going for. Some trans people pick the same "uncommon" names but, eh, it's your name and should be your choice. Cis people just as often have uncommon names so I don't think it'd necessarily out you. If you do want to pick something that will fly under the radar though, Daniel is a reasonably common yet solid name. With my name (Alec) I chose to pick a less common derivative of a very common name... that could be an option worth exploring too.

Blast likes this.
  9. Blast

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Malik just sounds and looks cool IMO :slight_smile:

I like them all though :thumbsup:

10. FlowerBoi

Gender Pronoun: