1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ftm/genderqueer questions

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by questions4ever, Feb 21, 2017.

1. questions4ever

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey does anyone know a good way to pack realistically without buying a packer (I don't want my parents to know)? I'm new to all this. Is there a way to create realistic facial hair without T? What does a non-transitioned genderfluid person wear to swim when they feel masculine? Thank you everyone!

2. Austin226

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm pretty sure everyone's first packer is the good old "stick a sock in your pants" method. Or there's this.
    How to make a Packer - Tutorial - TRANS MAN DAD

For facial hair I've heard of some people sort of darkening their peach fuzz with mascara to make it look like actual facial hair. Never tried it myself, but I think that's an easy way to do it.

To present masculinely while swimming, Underworks makes a binding swimsuit and Flavnt Streetwear just came out with something similar that is made specifically for trans people. Personally, I'd go with the Flavnt one if you're going to get something like that. I've heard good things about it.
    Underworks

Flavnt

Hope this helps!

#2 Austin226, Feb 21, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2017
  3. Mr Roboto

4. Najlen

If you use a sock to pack pinning it in place is a good idea so it doesn't move around.

I actually have a decent facial hair trick. I use a henna based hair dye that doesn't have any chemicals in it. Henna is safe for skin so using it this way is ok. If you can find one in the approximate color of your hair, you can apply a little of it to the peach fuzz on your face. I just do it around my sideburns, I'm not sure how it would look if you applied it to your whole face. If you end up trying that make sure to do a spot test on your hand or something because some people are allergic to henna. I wouldn't use anything other than henna based dye unless it's specifically for facial hair, since most hair dyes have harsh chemicals in them.

I have also heard good things about the Flavnt binders. I would recommend wearing a slightly looser binder when you swim so it's easier to breathe properly. You can also wear a swim shirt over if you want to hide it.

5. Hawk

Admin Team Full Member Away

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If you're going to swim with a binder, I recommend getting flavnt (though they sell out quick; the lighter ones do).

I've heard some people (such as actors) use spirit gum if they need to achieve facial hair.
    You could also try using mascara.