1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FTM Exercises to Rid Oneself of Breast Fat?

Discussion in 'Gender Identity and Expression' started by lymanclark, Nov 8, 2014.

1. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

So here's the thing. At 5'3" and around 100 pounds, I'm very skinny, and can't afford to lose much weight (more than 3 pounds and I begin to look truly sick). I also have breasts that are around 30A to 30.5A. I'd REALLY love to get them smaller, in a healthy way. I've been working on some shoulder/arm stuff, and my shoulders are broader anyway, so that helps. I don't have a binder at the moment, I can't use bras to bind (ineffective and somewhat painful), and I am just getting majorly dysphoric. Anyone know any helpful exercises? (!)

2. the awful tower

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    From what I know, breast tissue one thing, and fat tissue is another, the later can be (to ceartain extent) "burnt off" through exercise and diet, whereas the former can't. Since you're slim (slimer than me for sure :slight_smile: ) the offending chest area is likely to be almost entirely made up of breast tissue, so you won't be able to get rid of it that way. Sorry :frowning2:

3. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Aw damn :frowning2: do you know any good DIY binding methods, then? For a guy who can't sew for nuts, has no old tights, and can't really use bras? No ACE bandages either *shudder*

What about waist padding? Does that work, if you've got a naturally small chest?

4. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    i say kill them with fire wait bad idea

---------- Post added 8th Nov 2014 at 03:39 PM ----------

I say just blame it on the riddilin and youll be golden because they give men gynecomastia (man boobs)

5. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    You might:
    think about working on your lower pectoral muscles
    try a more vegetarian diet while maintaining a healthy variety
    try some clothing like button down shirts or sweaters one or two sizes bigger

6. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I cracked up so hard just now :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I, uh, I'm not good with the fire part…. but I appreciate the sentiment :grin:

---------- Post added 8th Nov 2014 at 01:11 PM ----------

1. I will do that for sure!
    2. I've been a lifelong vegetarian, bro
    3. I wear lots o' those already :grin:

Thanks! :grin:

7. MissMiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    yw i always use my special bread of humor when it comes to issues i dont know how to solve just to brighten things up..oooh i know put your back pack on back wards and wear a big shirt over it . nah that will make you look silly

8. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I love you, dude. :eusa_danc

9. Daydreamer1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Spot reduction is a big, old myth; so there isn't something you can to to target areas to really burn fat--it will come off where the body wants it to first. Also, I'm not sure if breast fat and body fat are the same thing., so that might change things too.

What I can suggest is focus on exercises that focus on your chest, like push-ups to build up your pectoral muscles; which can probably make it easier for your surgeon if you go for top surgery in the future.

10. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    There is upper and lower pectoral muscle... from what I read, upper muscle is said to increase breast size while lower is said to decrease...
    there are extra exercises for both of them...

fat reduction is said to have to do with body types... there might be types who lose more on breasts, while others don't... that might be why people report different results...

#10 jay777, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  11. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Thanks, I'm looking up lower pectoral muscle exercises right now! Anyway, the femaleness of my chest isn't too evident at first glance, which is a blessing :grin: This is more for my own peace of mind

12. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Breast tissue is completely different from other fat tissue - it's more fibrous and the only way to reduce or get rid of it is through surgery from incision, you can't even lipo it out. If you reduce your body fat % you might lose a bit of size, but you're already so lean that, like you said, that's out.
    Binding is probably your best bet, here. You asked for DIY ways to bind. There are groups who donate new or used binders to guys who can't afford to buy them. It might be an option to look into if you can't afford it.

#12 Ronin, Nov 8, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2014
  13. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

I can afford it, it's just that I can't buy things online without my parents knowing. And the only way to buy a binder is online, right? There aren't stores that sell them, right?

14. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Btw sorry I didn't mean that you have to bind. I just meant that if you really want a very flat chest it could help. Honestly you might not need a lot since you're on the smaller side. With a baggy shirt you might not need to at all even. Anyways You might be able to find compression shirts at a sports store? I think for example Under Armour has compression shirts. I have no idea how well that would work. I don't really know for sure if sports stores carry that kind of thing though. I don't shop that often xD might be worth a looksee though if its something you want to do.

15. lizardman

When I was working out a lot (before I had to start school), my boobs got smaller because I did a lot of weightlifting and stuff that worked those muscles in my chest. Other than that, I read some articles about going braless that said that bras actually weaken the muscles that keep your breasts from "sagging" and that going braless is a better way to prevent gravity from taking over. Now, it might have been a placebo effect, but I've been going braless since August, and my breasts look MUCH smaller now, probably because the muscles in my chest are better at supporting them now, so they're "perkier." There are still some shirts I can't wear without my nipples showing, but I'm still incredibly happy that I don't have to go around with the discomfort of bras (unless I'm in an ultra-femme mode and WANT my breasts to look bigger, but that's very rare).

16. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Ooooooh I don't have access to a gym and I don't have weights, but I can try my best :grin:

Yeah, my mom doesn't like me going braless. Even though my chest is small. As in, I can wear a V-neck and it'll show flat chest, no cleavage :grin: She just thinks it's inappropriate.

17. Ronin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Pushups are a good one with a shoulder-width stance and you don't need anything for that. Once you get to a certain point and they start getting easier, start adding weight into a backpack (like waterbottles or textbooks). Fewer reps and more weight is better for mass building. It'll also build your shoulders up nicely too :slight_smile:

#17 Ronin, Nov 9, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2014
  18. lymanclark

lymanclark Guest

Yeah, I've been working on my push-ups. Let's pray it works out :grin: