1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendzoned?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends, and Relationships' started by LoveMarshmallow, Jun 26, 2019.

1. LoveMarshmallow

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm a bi woman and about 1 and a half weeks ago I met another bi woman who I already really like. We met 2 in a group and once she came along partying with my best friends and me. That evening I told her I liked her. She said she could imagine more as well. Then I screwed up, got drunk and had to go home.
    I said sorry and a few daus later asked whether she wanted to meet. She said yeah but only as long as it's no date.
    I understand if that's due to me screwing up but still I think it's a little sudden. Anyway, how can I avoid or get out of being friendzoned? Because now she wants to just meet as friends...

2. TaurusMage

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's kind of hard to say without knowing what you feel you did--but I'm not saying that I think you should tell everyone here what all happened. I mean, you could if you wanted to, just know that whatever any of us says might be "incomplete" advice without knowing the full story. . . .

Honestly, the main thing I would suggest is to show her that you can act "better" (or responsible, or nicer, or whatever would be most appropriate in this case), and understand that it might take a while to show her that you're serious about it, and you won't mess up like that again. During that time, keep as open with her as you are willing; allow her to get to know you better.

Ultimately, it's possible that nothing can really help at that point, and that her mind is made up . . . and of course, no means no in the end. But this is NOT necessarily the end. I think you just need to show her a "better" you.

3. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think you should give it a bit of time meet up a couple of times and then talk to her about the situation. It could be that what happened put her off or maybe she is thinking that you were so nervous and so that's why you got really drunk and so she is saying no date to try and take the pressure off.