1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friends

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BaciListClostridium, Jul 16, 2005.

1. I'm curious to know about your good friends. What are they like? When and under what circumstances did you meet them? Are they male or female? Do you have individual friends or a group of friends (ie your friends are friends w/ e/o) or several groups of friends?

My closest friends are people that I first met in high school. There's a group of about 12 of us that has kept in touch since then, so it's been about 9 years now. Some of my individual friendships w/ each of them have grown; other have waned a bit, which I'm fine w/. These days what concerns me is the group dynamic, as I feel like it's falling apart. Individuals w/in the group have issues w/ other individuals, and I feel like I'm caught in the middle of it. We're supposed to have dinner tonight for a birthday, and I feel like all this drama is unfolding over nothing... :frowning2:

2. goratrix

Hmm, let's see. My best friend, LM, I met in highschool... she had a crush on me and when I told her nothing could happen she was hurt, but we became good friends ever since. She was the first person I came out to.

Then there is this group of friends I met, we are about 10... well.... I was looking for something and I stumbled across the website of a convention they had organized, so I e-mailed them and we met... this was two years ago, and we now meet every saturday at my house and play something... some weekends we meet friday or even thursday... I'd say they are my 'group' of friends, each with individual interests, each one is different, and however we are still united. It almost feel apart because, of course, of a girl. I am actually quiet good friends with her, and I understand her and I always stood by her side, but there were some times when a few wouldnt want to see each other. Luckyly I was pretty new to this group (still am) and didn't take part in that...

Then there are these two classmates from college. one male, FC and one female. I came out to her by showing her a pic of AC on my phone, and she was a little shocked. I didn't want to forge a friendship based on a lie... so I was direct and honest with her from the beggining. And with FC... I am still ashamed of the way I came out to him, but we wroked through it, and now he's over it... and he feels comfortable asking questions and talking about everything with me.

That's about it. I don't have many friends... but I love them all with all my heart, and I would do anything for any of them.

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot... and then there's AC... with whom I've become quiet good friends, since I decided to stop my obsession, and I feel there is great potential for a friendship with him. I've learnt lately that he is much deeper than I thought, and that he is a much more interesting person than many. A nice fact is, that he recognized the beauty of my group... he said it was healthyer than his, because they are people that actually think. That gives me a hint that he thinks, or at least wants to, but can't find a place to develop it... I can only hope I'll be able to help him with that.

3. JonB321

One thing I've always prided myself on is knowing who is a good friend, and who is a bad friend. I've also always been able to cut the bad ones free and foster my friendships with the good ones. You may have noticed, reading my previous posts, that I had an unbelievably easy time coming out, and thus far ever person I've told has been more supportive than the last (note: this also has something to do with the dumb luck I was born in the liberal bastion known as New York, to two die hard liberals). That being said:

I have four groups of friends, all from seperate parts of my life. The first group is made up of home friends. While in this group, there are only two left (we started with a lot, but since college, the number has dwindled considerably), the two that remain are very important to me... Kenny and Jared. I've been friends with them since I was about 4 or 5. Kenny is my only other gay friend, he's very flamboyant and can be unbelievably shallow, but underneath, he's a really good guy. Jared is your typical straight jock... uberstraight even, but somehow, every time I feel like he's actually living up to his mold, he breaks it.

The next group is Jason and friends. Jason has been my best friend since we were 2. He has a good amount of baggage, but underneath a slightly rough exterior is the sweetest guy you can imagine. I'm also very close with his group of friends, Greg, Greg, Andrew, and Brian. They're all great kids that I've known since I was a baby, and my parents are friendly with all of their parents, which is nice.

The group that is arguably the most important to me is my Camp friends. I've known each of them since we were about 10 years old. Finkle, Mikey, Ziff, Keith, and Scharf. We are as different as night and day. Finkle is the most sentimental, overanalysing kid you've never met, Mikey is an idiot savant (amazing at piano and hockey, but sometimes you're surprised he even has an iq), Ziff is what you would call a metrosexual, Keith is all about principles and values and stuff like that, even though he doesn't really believe in them all the time, but he thinks he should, and is unbelievably sarcastic, it's great. Scharf is just a bazaare human being. He's so inappropriate it's amazing. My camp friends were the first group I ever felt entirely part of, and they were actually the first people I came out to.

Then there's my School friends, who are so numerous and varied, it would take about 3 pages to list one sentence on each of them. Suffice to say, the majority of my school friends are in a frat together, which I am a sort of honorary brother (I never wanted to be in a frat, because I always figured coming out in a frat would be unbareable). All of them are very varied and eccentric, but we love watching family guy together and discussing politics (we're all avid bush-haters). There's also a huge group of girls that we're friends with, but again, even listing them would take up too much time, and I've taken up a lot as it is.

For a long time I was scared to mix and match friends. But recently, all of them have been meeting each other, and they get along really really well. Me, Ziff, and my school friend Sam lived in Rome together last semester, and they became fast friends, so I'm expecting even more crossover in the years to come. Sorry I've written so much. I just love my friends more than anything in the world, so even though I tried to keep this as short as possible, it's turned out rather long.

4. nisomer

Well, I basically have 3 groups of friends, my school friends, my music school friends, and my family.

My school friends are basically what they sound like - school friends. You could say I have a lot of school friends, but in reality, I don't really do much with them outside of school, except for a few of them. I remember going to this small get-together for this old friend, there were about 10-12 of us. So I get there, and some of them were like, "OMG it's NK!!" I asked them if they were surprised to see me, and they were said something like, "Yeah, you never see NK out of school. It's like you see him in the halls and you go 'Hey NK!' and then bam he's gone and you don't see him again till the next day." I guess it's kinda weird, but very true. I should really get in touch with more of my school friends.

The next group of friends are my friends from the music conservatory that I go to. I started going there to take guitar lessons when I was in fourth grade. Soon, I was doing other stuff there, like going to the music camp (the same one which I am counseling in), playing in a few ensembles, and singing with the choir. There I met many people, and one of them, was actually the first friend that I came out to.

The last group is my family. Now your probably wondering, my family? Keep in mind, that I have a very large extended family, and the family I am talking about for the friends part, are mainly my cousins. We all like to do stuff together, and hang out. We have family parties all the time, so we see each other a lot during those times too. We stay up late at night playing online games, go out to lunch, movies, those kinda things.

So I guess thats it, my groups of friends.

5. hawkeye

its funny how groups form. Right now, i basicly have 2 groups of friends.
    My closest friends are my friends from school, whom I've known since i started to go to school with them in 7th grade (at least 2 of the 3), but they actually dont event remember me from 7th grade. We all started to be great friends in 9th grade, and we are a pretty tight knit group. One of them i now have a crush on.

About the crush point, i do have one friend (who has moved away, so is not really a part of any group) that i met for basicly the sole reason that i had a crush on him. We are now best friends and get together every few months, he does know that i am gay, but doesnt know i like'd him, and he is still hot.

I also have a group of friends that originated from boy scouts. we basicly only get together as a group and have parties when we can manage.

Nobody in my groups have changed much (yet), but there are annoyances that are showing more and more with certain people, and that causes get-togethers to happen less.

6. Eligh

Well, my ex-best friend is a backstabing bitch. She asked me to make her a myspace site, and I did, and put everything about her on it. But she didnt like it, so she said she wanted to delete it, but she never did. And for three g*d damn months that site just sat there. And then the day before her birthday her dad found it, and bitched at me cause I wrote the stuff down. I told him how it was, and that all the stuff on there is true, and he didnt like that at all. And now she is pissed off at me. It is totaly her fault. She is the one who asked me to make the site, and in the 6 years we have known each other, she knows that I am down to the point and sometime(always) brutaly honest. And on top of that she had three months to delete the shit off. So the only one she can be mad at is herself. F*ck that bitch, and see if I ever do anything for her again.